My modded Tribute Bluesboy

Fri May 26, 2017 4:39 am

So about a month ago I got a Bluesboy Tribute from Guitar Center. While it was on the way I decided a was going to mod it to be similar in spec to the USA model. When it arrived I was very pleased with the guitar even in stock form. It played and sounded great, but I modded anyway :-) I installed an MFD in the bridge and Seth Lover in the neck. I upgraded all the electronics with CTS pots (500k volume and 250k tone), .22 orange drop cap, CMR switch and switchcraft jack. I also replaced the nut and string retainer with Tusq parts and upgraded to Hipshot lockers. The guitar now plays and sounds amazing. Very pleased with it.

Re: My modded Tribute Bluesboy

Fri May 26, 2017 6:46 am

Congrats on completing your mods and sorting out the wiring. I remember your post in the G&L Technical Questions & Tips sub-forum.

I, too, picked up one these Tribute ASAT Classic BluesBoy Alnico LE from Musician's Friend when they went up for sale as one of the SDOTD.
I decided to leave mine stock since this is a unique pickup configuration with the Alnico bridge pickup. I also have a standard US ASAT Classic Bluesboy.

When you get a change, please add yours to our G&L Registry.

:sign0011:

Sat May 27, 2017 10:06 pm

How is the balance between the alnico bridge and the neck humbucker? Can you write about the tonal differences between the alnico and MFD bridge pickups on this platform?

Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:44 pm

Tastefully modded and tasty to look at. Well done sir!

Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:26 pm

Exactly what he said ^^^ :thumbup: