G&L JB pickguard replacement

Sat May 13, 2017 8:26 am

Hello all, here might be a silly question, but I have a G&L JB from around 2012 or so. It has a fairly unappealing pickguard on it, I'd like to switch it out. I was wondering, although I kind of doubt it, if a Fender Jazz Bass pickguard would possibly fit?

Re: G&L JB pickguard replacement

Sat May 13, 2017 5:09 pm

Doesn't Chandler (pickguard heaven) make a replacement for it?

Sun May 14, 2017 8:09 am

Larry Mal wrote:Hello all, here might be a silly question, but I have a G&L JB from around 2012 or so. It has a fairly unappealing pickguard on it, I'd like to switch it out. I was wondering, although I kind of doubt it, if a Fender Jazz Bass pickguard would possibly fit?

You might contact G&L Support. either call or email them with your question during business hours.

G&L also offers replacement pickguards from their On-Line Store. Here's the link to the pickguard section: Pickguard for Made-in-Fullerton (USA) instruments - manufactured early 2016 and later.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:

Sun May 14, 2017 8:32 am

Thanks gentlemen, I do know about Chandler and I actually just had them make me a new pickguard for my Legacy, and it is flawless.

It was $50, though, and if I could use pickguards made for Fender then I could have a wider array of options and price points, and also use an aluminum one if I wanted to reduce noise.

Just curious what the options might be.