How to find Specifications for Used ASAT Classic

Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:20 am

I did some search here and on the registry. Based on what I found, I can only guess that the used ASAT Classic I Purchased over the weekend maybe build in 2009 or 2010. Back of the head stock and the G&L authentication factor certification paper has the serial number "CFL562xx" I left out the last two digits for security reasons. One of 200 G&L guitar that was build within the CFL56xxx.
It is a ASAT Classic, T-type, 2 single coils, 3-Tone Sunburst, Rosewood fingerboard and hardshel case.
It is just beautiful. I was so lucky to find it. I wanted to a tele for sometime now but after doing my homework, it had to be a G&L. I almost purchased a Tribute Model but i wanted, a Rosewood fretborad, single coils and sunburst ... it was a impossible task. Finally found one :)

I would live to be able to find more information, such as, is it a Swamp Ash body?
Please let me know if you know how can i find build date and the Specifications with the serial number.
Thank you for you help,
Al

Re: How to find Specifications for Used ASAT Classic

Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:56 am

Hi All,

Sorry, but the SN won't tell you the body wood type. The finish will give you a good idea, it's a standard finish, and standard finishes are usually Alder. Of course, you can special order Swamp Ash. The only way to tell is to remove the neck & look in the neck pocket.

Same with the build dates and other specs.

Later,

edg

Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:23 am

Thank you edg.

What i have looks like curent ASAT Classic Solamente is a single pickup version of Leo's ASAT Classic [url](http://www.glguitars.com/instruments/US ... /index.asp)[/url]
So what i have might be Alder. I wonder if G&L have archived data on their web site. Just as you see pictures and specs of their 2017 model line perhaps they still have the same data from 2009-10.
At the end of the day what i found is a keeper so no big deal if i don't know all her story.

Thank you,
AL

Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:47 am

Yo-Yo, for the most part G&L builds guitars to customer orders. They were not building many guitars to a set factory specifications. Customers had choices of color, wood, neck sizes, fingerboards, etc...

Just recently G&L introduced the Fullerton Standard Special runs that would be more in line with factory spec vs customer order.

If you post some pictures we can probably get an idea of the body wood. If you measure the neck you can copare to the specs to determine which neck it has...

Dan

Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:00 pm

Interesting! i could not figure out how to add a picture here.
Anyway here is a link for couple of quick pictures i took this morning. I can add better ones later tonight.

Link to pictures of my ASAT Classic

http://s1234.photobucket.com/user/Resim ... L%20Guitar

Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:46 pm

The color looks like 3 Tone Sunburst. Body wood looks like Alder based on the grain pattern. Most likely rosewood finger board, I don't think its ebony.

Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:28 pm

Yo-Yo wrote:I did some search here and on the registry. Based on what I found, I can only guess that the used ASAT Classic I Purchased over the weekend maybe build in 2009 or 2010. Back of the head stock and the G&L authentication factor certification paper has the serial number "CFL562xx" I left out the last two digits for security reasons. One of 200 G&L guitar that was build within the CFL56xxx.
It is a ASAT Classic, T-type, 2 single coils, 3-Tone Sunburst, Rosewood fingerboard and hardshel case.
It is just beautiful. I was so lucky to find it. I wanted to a tele for sometime now but after doing my homework, it had to be a G&L. I almost purchased a Tribute Model but i wanted, a Rosewood fretborad, single coils and sunburst ... it was a impossible task. Finally found one :)

I would live to be able to find more information, such as, is it a Swamp Ash body?
Please let me know if you know how can i find build date and the Specifications with the serial number.
Thank you for you help,
Al

Your serial number should begin with "CLF" not "CFL". You might contact G&L Support and ask them for the details of this guitar. Include the full serial number when you contact them.

Once you get the details, please add your ASAT Classic to our G&L Registry.

:ugeek:

Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:34 pm

Yo-Yo wrote:Interesting! i could not figure out how to add a picture here.
Anyway here is a link for couple of quick pictures i took this morning. I can add better ones later tonight.

Link to pictures of my ASAT Classic

http://s1234.photobucket.com/user/Resim ... L%20Guitar

Yo-Yo wrote:Thank you edg.

What i have looks like curent ASAT Classic Solamente is a single pickup version of Leo's ASAT Classic [url](http://www.glguitars.com/instruments/US ... /index.asp)[/url]
So what i have might be Alder. I wonder if G&L have archived data on their web site. Just as you see pictures and specs of their 2017 model line perhaps they still have the same data from 2009-10.
At the end of the day what i found is a keeper so no big deal if i don't know all her story.

Thank you,
AL

No, that is not an ASAT Classic Solamente, it is an ASAT Classic. The Solamente has only a bridge pickup whereas your has both a neck and bridge pickup.

Here's a photo of your guitar:

:ugeek: