A couple of songs

Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:49 am

Hi there,

Didn't really know where to post it... if I'm at the wrong place, let me know...

Here are two songs from our next release... all guitars are G&L : a trib fallout, a US classic and a US asat... hope the links will work... ^^

https://soundcloud.com/meursaw/adolina-mastered-304/s-gjUUU

https://soundcloud.com/meursaw/adolina-mastered-310/s-phFXH

Re: A couple of songs

Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:54 am

Nice job Meursault, has that early 80's punk feel. I like it! :clap:

Cheers, Dan

Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:36 am

A slightly toolish feel as well. Nice work !

Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:13 pm

Another great post, I like both! :alright:

No SC-2 this go around but the Fallout is still there. What are you playing most these days?

Keep posting video or soundcloud clips when ya can.

Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:46 am

Hey guys ! Thanx !

80's are an influence for sure... fugazi changed a couple of things back in the days...

This is not the first time tool is mentioned about us, i don't know them well but they sound a bit industrial isn't ?... i must say that i saw them once in a festival here in belgium, a big outdoor one... there is one thing to know about tool, on stage they sound like the record, at that time at least... pretty amazing...

Sam -> the SC2 arrived during the studio session but the instruments were all done... before the SC2 i only had two guitars : the asat and the classic... and played both equally, maybe the asat a little bit since 'cause it sounds better unplugged and i don't have an amp at home ! ^^ right now i play the SC2 quite a lot, the classic stays in the corner of the room but that's the one I'll take on stage...

I'll post a link with the all album in a couple of weeks...

Thanx for listening guys !

Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:34 am

WitSok wrote:Nice job Meursault, has that early 80's punk feel. I like it! :clap:

Cheers, Dan
+1
I'm hearing shades of the Psychedelic Furs, and some hints of Cygnus X-1 (Rush).
Sounds real good, do you guys play live much?
Thanks for sharing!

Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:53 pm

cool examples. i agree with the Tool inference. i always liked their polyrhythms, and some dark themes. an early to mid 90's vibe.
thanks for sharing!

Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:09 am

Thanx guys...

I know the psychedelic furs and Rush only by name but our bass player is a big rush fan ! I should throw an ear around there once...

Elwood -> it depends on the year but we play an average of 15-20 gigs by years... we have 7 gigs booked 'till now... it's gonna be gig full year i think... I'm tired only by thinking about it ^^ i really like to be on stage but damn the road, not knowing where the hell you gonna sleep... too old for that XD

Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:24 pm

Hi again...

Here is the BC link to the full album for those who interested... ;)

https://adolina.bandcamp.com