Holes drilled in ASAT special bridge on Will Ray Model

Sat May 22, 2010 11:10 am

I have 2 asat specials and I am having trouble with the hipshot b-bender staying in Tune. I have one on me ASAT classic without any troubles. The hole is drilled like the instructions. Does anyone have a diagram on how the holes are drilled on the Will Ray model.

Thanks
Sal

Re: Holes drilled in ASAT special bridge on Will Ray Model

Sat May 22, 2010 7:52 pm

bender wrote:I have 2 asat specials and I am having trouble with the hipshot b-bender staying in Tune. I have one on me ASAT classic without any troubles. The hole is drilled like the instructions. Does anyone have a diagram on how the holes are drilled on the Will Ray model.

Thanks
Sal

Here's a picture of the Saddle-Lock bridge on my Will Ray Signature model, which has the Hipshot B-Bender.
Note that G&L also drills a hole for the G string, but it is not used on the Will Ray model.
Also note that there is nylon sleeve in the hole for the B string.

Hope this helps.

Sun May 23, 2010 7:11 am

Criag

Thanks for the help. You gave me this info some months back but I lost it.

Thanks
Sal
bender

Wed May 26, 2010 11:58 am

Interesting to find your thread; I have a WR bought here in the UK, which has never had its nylon sleeve (guess someone in the shop lost it)...
Does anyone know whether it is actually nylon, or maybe equally likely Teflon? And what diameter?
Is there a supply that anyone knows of?
Mine works fine with just some NutSauce on the string in the hole, but I do worry a little about the hole wearing into a shape that mey start to bind and grab in the future.
Thanks!

Wed May 26, 2010 12:29 pm

NickHorne wrote:Interesting to find your thread; I have a WR bought here in the UK, which has never had its nylon sleeve (guess someone in the shop lost it)...
Does anyone know whether it is actually nylon, or maybe equally likely Teflon? And what diameter?
Is there a supply that anyone knows of?
Mine works fine with just some NutSauce on the string in the hole, but I do worry a little about the hole wearing into a shape that mey start to bind and grab in the future.
Thanks!

The tubing is listed as being Teflon on the hipshotproducts.com website.
The hole size is listed as 7/64", so the Teflon tubing is that size or a tad smaller.
Here's the link to the b-bender_installation pdf file,
where I found this information.

Hope this helps.