Questions about the originality of my 90s Legacy

Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:43 pm

Hi. I'm hoping someone can help me with these questions:

Background:
I have 2 G&L Legacy USA guitars:
-Guitar A has a 3 bolt neck, G&L branded tuners, and 3 single coils with no markings on them.
-Guitar B has a 3 bolt neck, Sperzel branded tuners, and 3 single coils with a "G&L" marking on them.

Question:
Are both of these guitars original with respect to their tuning machines and pickups (with the understanding that to really confirm Guitar B's pickups I'd need to take off the pickguard and look at the back of the pickup I assume?)

Thanks in advance.

LL

Re: Questions about the originality of my 90s Legacy

Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:01 pm

Given that G&L has sourced some of its parts, such as tuners, from various different vendors, it's probably impossible to state with 100% certainty that they are stock. Same with the pups. Pix might help, build dates might help.

Sorry,

edg

Re: Questions about the originality of my 90s Legacy

Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:05 am

louloomis wrote:Hi. I'm hoping someone can help me with these questions:

Background:
I have 2 G&L Legacy USA guitars:
-Guitar A has a 3 bolt neck, G&L branded tuners, and 3 single coils with no markings on them.
-Guitar B has a 3 bolt neck, Sperzel branded tuners, and 3 single coils with a "G&L" marking on them.

Question:
Are both of these guitars original with respect to their tuning machines and pickups (with the understanding that to really confirm Guitar B's pickups I'd need to take off the pickguard and look at the back of the pickup I assume?)

Thanks in advance.

LL

From your descriptions:
Guitar A has Schaller tuners and Seymour Duncan SSL Vintage (flats) pickups. It's build year would be 1992-93.
Guitar B has Sperzel tuners and G&L Vintage Style Alnico V pickups. It's build year would be 1995-97.
References:
1992-93 Catalog Page 2.
1993-94 Catalog Page 1.
List of pickups used in G&L guitars.

Like Ed said, photos and build dates (need to remove necks to get them) would help.

:ugeek: