Is the ASAT Classic Custom still produced?

Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:30 pm

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere already, but does G&L still offer the ASAT Classic Custom, with the jumbo MFD in the neck? Or has this been superseded by the Bluesboy 90 (which I assume sounds somewhat similar)? Thanks.

Re: Is the ASAT Classic Custom still produced?

Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:24 pm

Replaced by the Bluesboy 90. Not sure how the tone compares. For me it is hard to beat the large MFDs.

Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:48 pm

WitSok wrote:Replaced by the Bluesboy 90. Not sure how the tone compares. For me it is hard to beat the large MFDs.

Not really a direct replacement. The ASAT Classic Custom was removed from the Dealer Price list in 2012. After removal from the Price List, some additional ones were built in 2013 and 2014.
The ASAT Classic Bluesboy 90 went into production in 2013. See: Production List of G&L Instruments (USA) and List of Regular Production ASAT-style guitars (USA).

:ugeek:

Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:28 am

Looking back I can see I misinterpreted this post, and or my memory is fuzzy. Timing of the Bluesboy 90 made it seem like replacement.

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=8446&p=53802&hilit=bluesboy+90#p53802

For me, given a choice I'd choose the Classic Custom. I would think there maybe some still out there looking for there forever home.