questins on vlaue and serial #

Fri May 14, 2010 9:13 am

Here is what I got, its the first guitar I ever bought brand new, its a 1988 asat it was sold to me as candy red, it ain't, I was looking at the gallery and found its brother (owned by jeff byrd) it is a wine red, the serial number (g023000) any significance. What would the value on this guitar be? i appriciate any of your thoughts on my guitar I am thinking about selling it or trading it in again all your thoughts would be appriciated thanks all

Re: questins on vlaue and serial #

Thu May 20, 2010 8:02 am

tyke wrote:Here is what I got, its the first guitar I ever bought brand new, its a 1988 asat it was sold to me as candy red, it ain't, I was looking at the gallery and found its brother (owned by jeff byrd) it is a wine red, the serial number (g023000) any significance. What would the value on this guitar be? i appriciate any of your thoughts on my guitar I am thinking about selling it or trading it in again all your thoughts would be appriciated thanks all

If you could post some pictures, it would probably help get some responses.

As far as the serial number having a significance, I would say not really. I would guess that the build year was 1987.
I'd be interested in seeing some pictures of the body finish.

Hope this helps.

Re: questins on vlaue and serial #

Mon May 24, 2010 8:20 am

not sure why you're concluding that the color would be one vs. the other just by the serial no. sequencing, I'm not sure that sequential serial nos. were painted in batches of the same color (anyone know?)...

Pix would be a big help.

Jon