I want to buy a G&L Legacy...anyone selling..please read

Thu May 13, 2010 2:29 pm

Hello there..I'm John. I am looking to purchase a G&L Legacy or Legacy Special. I would prefer the special, but can always change the PU's if I get a regular Legacy. It HAS to be the US model and not the Tribute. Also, I would like it to have a rosewood fretboard and be either Lake Placid Blue or Red. Pickguard needs to be white or pearloid as well. Anyone selling?

A few questions though.. If I get one without locking tuners, how hard is it to install locking tuners on a G&L headstock and which ones should I buy? Do any G&L Legacy's come standard with the locking tuners?

I A/B'd my Beck strat to a regular USA G&L Legacy and the G&L won hands down. So I gotta ditch the Beck and get a Legacy. :-)

John

Re: I want to buy a G&L Legacy...anyone selling..please read

Thu May 13, 2010 3:25 pm

Don't have one to sell...sorry. They're gonna have to pry mine out of my cold, dead hands!!

I put locking tuners on my Legacy. I think there are some that would be direct replacements, but I'm not sure which, someone else might chime in. I put in a set of Planet Wave Auto Trimmers on mine. I just had to drill a small hole for the screw, no biggie. But I'm very happy with them.

There are some that come with locking tuners...I think the Commanche and Legacy Special??

Thu May 13, 2010 3:35 pm

jredden2012 wrote:Hello there..I'm John. I am looking to purchase a G&L Legacy or Legacy Special. I would prefer the special, but can always change the PU's if I get a regular Legacy. It HAS to be the US model and not the Tribute. Also, I would like it to have a rosewood fretboard and be either Lake Placid Blue or Red. Pickguard needs to be white or pearloid as well. Anyone selling?

A few questions though.. If I get one without locking tuners, how hard is it to install locking tuners on a G&L headstock and which ones should I buy? Do any G&L Legacy's come standard with the locking tuners?

I A/B'd my Beck strat to a regular USA G&L Legacy and the G&L won hands down. So I gotta ditch the Beck and get a Legacy. :-)

John

I moved your post into a more appropriate forum to get your questions answered.
However, I want to point out that we do not allow posts for want ads or for sale ads in the forums here.
We have a Marketplace for you to post them there.
You should also read our G&LDP Guidelines.

Thanks for cooperation and best of luck in your hunt for the right G&L.

Thu May 13, 2010 7:24 pm

My 1997 Legacy Special (not for sale, sorry) has locking tuners:
And according to the website, the current USA Legacy Special still comes equipped with locking tuners.

- Jos

Edit: fix image link after album was lost.