Question about the saddle lock bridges

Wed May 12, 2010 9:21 am

I have a fender 72 thinline reissue MIM that I got about 4 years ago. It is a great guitar with a few small modifications. The next mod I want to do is a new bridge. From looking at photos of the ASAT specials it looks like a saddle lock bridge may be the kind I'm looking for. The Dual Fulcrum Trem bridge on my legacy is amazing, so I feel like a saddle lock bridge from G&L for a tele deluxe style guitar would be great also. Does anyone know if these bridges can fit onto a Fender Humbucker Tele?

Re: Question about the saddle lock bridges

Wed May 12, 2010 9:48 am

joeismyname wrote:I have a fender 72 thinline reissue MIM that I got about 4 years ago. It is a great guitar with a few small modifications. The next mod I want to do is a new bridge. From looking at photos of the ASAT specials it looks like a saddle lock bridge may be the kind I'm looking for. The Dual Fulcrum Trem bridge on my legacy is amazing, so I feel like a saddle lock bridge from G&L for a tele deluxe style guitar would be great also. Does anyone know if these bridges can fit onto a Fender Humbucker Tele?

Not without modification to the body. You would need to rout for the foot on the bottom of the Saddle-Lock bridge.
You would also need to drill the body for the screws to mount on the body.

Hope this helps.

Re: Question about the saddle lock bridges

Sat May 15, 2010 6:09 pm

Craig wrote:Image

Craig, Thanks for this very cool rendering of the underside of the Saddle Lock bridge and the shape and size of the foot.

It would appear to me that the foot just happens to coincide in shape and location with the rout for the Dual Fulcrum Tremolo (although obviously that rout segues into the backside rout for the claw and springs assembly.

Do you know if it does in fact correspond?

Also, if I may, is the foot the same for all the years (early Saddle Locks versus current import source Saddle Locks) ?

Much obliged.