Finally, some new pictures to drool over

Wed May 05, 2010 12:23 am

I think it's about time I posted pics of my G&L's. As you will see I'm partial to the ASAT Classic. I am yet to play a Special, you just don't see them anywhere in Australia. I have ordered all of mine form the USA, with the exception of my most recent which I purchased from a neighboring state. I have bought them all unseen and am yet to be disappointed! The amps in the pics are an Ampeg J-20 and a Ceriatone 5E3, the "Paisley Deluxe"!

First up is my '08 Classic S. I absolutely love this one. 'C' shaped neck, 12" radius, great finish.

Next, my '09 Classic Bluesboy, semi-hollow, no f-hole, 12" radius (I custom ordered this one). I can never seem to get a good picture of the finish but it's Spanish Copper metallic, one of the best colours on offer, me thinks.

And finally my most recent purchase, a '97 Classic in blonde. Great playing guitar. The 13 years has give the pickups a sweeter tone than its newer siblings. I'm going to be taking them out and installing a set of Don Mare 'Donocaster' ones soon, I'm just waiting for them to arrive! I think I'll install the pickups from this one into the Classic S. There is also a certain magic to it, I believe that they were still had made at this point in time. A great guitar (though I'm not surprised).

Re: Finally, some new pictures to drool over

Wed May 05, 2010 3:22 am

Whoa, those are some beauties for sure. Very nice!

Wed May 05, 2010 7:11 am

Indeed! Nice Guitars!! The finish on that first one looks similar to my Legacy.

And I like the Ampeg Jet...that wouldn't be one of the new hand-wired models, would it? My first tube amp was a Reverberocket Reissue...man, that thing had cleans and reverb to die for! If it hadn't been for the shared EQ and the overdrive sounding a bit stiff, I probably would have kept it...even so, I do miss it! I've played the Jets, and they are cool, too!

Thu May 06, 2010 3:14 am

The finish is called 'Old School Tobacco Sunburst', it's a good 'un for sure!

And yes it is one of the new hand-wired (in Korea) Jet's. It's a great sounding amp, though perhaps a bit bright. This depends what day it is though, sometimes I don't notice the brightness and others its all I hear. Still, I love playing through it and it looks waaaaaaaaay cool. They have such great speakers in them too, and a pine cab! I'd love to have a more powerful Ampeg, a 212 Reverberocket or summink like that. One day! My next amp will be a G&L Whipper Snapper though, IF they ever release them in Australia....