Here's my Legacy Special - with some distant cousins...

Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:22 pm

Took these photos last night at a gig at the WildHorse Saloon in Nashville. The instruments in the first photo are (left to right), 1942 handmade Jamison fiddle, Taylor 810, G&L Legacy Special, Fender Tele w/ G Bender, Fender Tele, Lazer Strat clone. I posted these over on the acoustic guitar forum, so I'm just posting the link to that here.

http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183420

I picked up the Lazor at a pawn shop for $50 a few years ago. It has a great neck, but the body is made of plywood. I kept it under my desk at work for years. The electronics are HORRIBLE. But I needed a 4th guitar for this singer, so I put the Gotoh blade pup that used to be in my Legacy Special into the neck position of the Lazer. I use it exclusively for slide and it screams - as long as I keep it on the neck pup only.

The G&L is my main guitar. I sings through that Dr. Z (and through the old Bassman head you can see lurking on the floor behind the Taylor).

Re: Here's my Legacy Special - with some distant cousins...

Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:40 pm

Nice shots, David! The Wild Horse has got to be a great place to play. :thumbup:

We stopped in Nashville for a couple days on our way down to The Masters golf tournament a few years ago. Spent an evening hitting a lot of the bars downtown and we had a blast. The Wild Horse was my favorite. All I remember about the band that night is that they were damn good, and they kinda threw themselves together for that gig. Pretty amazing.

Brian