Mancave Addition

Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:46 pm

Well, I saw this on ebay, and I just had to get it...

Now I just need to hang it up.

Re: Mancave Addition

Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:57 pm

Yeah buddy!

Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:16 pm

Hey Chris,

Great snag.
I have seen a couple of these on the bay glad you got this one. :cheer:
Party's at yer place!! :elguitar054:

Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:26 pm

cool :sign0011:

Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:43 pm

Dang that's cool! I'm a sign guy so I can really appreciate that!

Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:59 am

Ditto...I wouldn't mind having one of those myself. Nice score!!

Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:01 am

Thanks y'all. I'm going to hang it up and add some sort of switch. Now I just need a traffic signal! :D

Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:06 am

Chris,

When you get it installed, let me know if it causes a buzz in your amps. If it does, tell me how you fix it. There are times I want to get a neon piece but don't want the hum.

Non - electrical engineers want to know. In fact Frankie is the one who likes the neon idea best.

Brian

Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:05 pm

just-a-guy wrote:Chris,

When you get it installed, let me know if it causes a buzz in your amps. If it does, tell me how you fix it. There are times I want to get a neon piece but don't want the hum.

Non - electrical engineers want to know. In fact Frankie is the one who likes the neon idea best.

Brian

Hey Brian!

For some reason, after installing the G&L neon sign, all of my acoustic instruments have 60Hz buzz now... I think this sign is defying the laws of electromagnetics... :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin:

Seriously though...I installed it on one end of the room (it's a spare bedroom that my wife has graciously bestowed upon me as MY room) and it doesn't cause any noticeable hum when I play through my legacy (with single coils). When I play my legacy in 2 or 4 pickup position, all hum ceases. But, I play rather quiet and don't usually have my amps turned up past 3 unless I am home by myself. I have yet to test my amp with the neon sign on whilst being home alone.

It also happens that I have compact fluorescent lights in the ceiling fan in my room. Again, they do cause a tiny bit of buzz on my legacy, but none in my bucker guitars.