Guitar Center Sales Flyer w Flame top Legacy Tributes sale

Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:38 pm

I just received the Guitar Center Sales Mailer good from now till the 24th of Dec. On the front page it has 3 G&L Legacy Tributes pictured. They seem to have flamed tops.
I called my local guitar centers and they cannot find them on their own website. I can't see where these are on G&L's website. It seems as if its one of those special for Guitar Center deals.
Can anybody shed some light on these guitars. I know they are made in Inndonesia but do they still have the american electronics like the standard Legacy Tributes??Just trying to figure if thisd is a deal or not.
[Actual Ad photo removed by Admin due to G&L policy of not posting actual prices on this website]

Re: Guitar Center Sales Flyer w Flame top Legacy Tributes sa

Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:22 pm

I was up at local GC 2 weeks ago and noted 3 new trib legacy's on the wall, with new color schemes, similar to those on the flier you posted. I didn't check them out closely, but presume they have the same guts as usual trib legacy's. The "list" price listed in the fliers is the usual street price. Their sale price, based on what you get, is pretty nice! Of course, every kid wants a "real" Fender...

Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:28 pm

Yea the part numbers of these Legacy Tributes are right on the flier. The G&L website doesnt reflect these flametop finishes. I just wonder of these are one off things and have a special deal with GC where they somehow made it cheaper.

Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:16 am

So my pic was removed I get it but I wasn't trying to sell anything I am just trying to verify what I am buying if I decide to "purchase" that means money goes "TO" G&L . I own a couple of american made G&L, an ASAT and an S500 and about 5 FENDER STRATOCASTERS. Sort of put off by the resistance and trouble I am getting just trying to get info on this. You would think G&L would like to improve sales. So until I can verify these guitars and even then I might pass and will def relay the message to friends and friends of friends etc etc. Frustrated

Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:16 am

johnnyzcar wrote:So my pic was removed I get it but I wasn't trying to sell anything I am just trying to verify what I am buying if I decide to "purchase" that means money goes "TO" G&L . I own a couple of american made G&L, an ASAT and an S500 and about 5 FENDER STRATOCASTERS. Sort of put off by the resistance and trouble I am getting just trying to get info on this. You would think G&L would like to improve sales. So until I can verify these guitars and even then I might pass and will def relay the message to friends and friends of friends etc etc. Frustrated

I sent you a PM which you did not bother to read, so I sent you an email asking you to read that PM. In it, Isaid that I sent an email to one of my contacts at G&L and am waiting a reply.
Also, you obviously did not read the section on posting Retail Prices I pointed you to in the Guidelines because it is has nothing to do with "wasn't trying to sell anything".
I, too, am frustrated. :roll:

Have a little patience when you are requesting information, especially when posting after general business hours, as it does take some time to get it. And please do read the Welcome! Read This First before posting any further.

:ugeek:

Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:59 am

Here's the details from Dave McLaren:

Hi Craig,

Those are special Legacy models for Guitar Center so we won’t have them on our site. The bodies are flame maple veneer on mahogany,
the pickups are made in Indonesia to our specs (Alnico V magnets, right fiber, wire, turns). The neck is the same as other T/S Legacy models
with Clear Satin neck finish, the same DF vibrato, the same PTB system. We set them up here at G&L before shipping them to GC.
Really nice guitars, and at that price, we think they’re a killer deal.

Thanks, Craig.

Dave

Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:56 pm

I bought one!

For me this is the Holy Grail in the search for the perfect strat. I have had 100s of Strat guitars, and strat guitars are the ones that I prefer over others BTW even though I have owned great classic and vintage guitars that are highly regarded. For the price and even well higher this guitar can not be beat, I looked at all price ranges from $20 pawn shop strats to high end american strats costing $1000's. This one had the right combination of features for me.

Best tremolo I have ever used, so smooth and stays in tune, has high mass block I mean it is just perfect, you can not find a better tremolo system. I wailed on it up and down as far as it would go many many times and every time it returns to position smoothly and positively every time, and best yet in tune!

Rosewood fingerboard, this is a personal preference for me.

Alnico pickups with a vintage vibe yet has enough bite for heavier stuff when needed. Tone knobs allow you to dial in any sound you need. For me I have to have single coils, that is the sound I crave so no humbuckers for me, no noiseless compromises for me, just raw vintage single coil power!

Flame maple top with mahogany body, this is the Holy Grail of tone wood combinations for me and acoustically this guitar sounds the best to my ears. This is the best sounding wood combination that I have found at any price. Makes me want to cry it rings so clear and true. Since there was only one left I spent several minutes trying to find any flaw with the finish and could not, just stunning!

Quality build and finish, I have long been a fan of guitars built by these craftsman, just nails it for me.

The creme pick guard really to me just has a vintage look on the guitar that I got adding to the visual appeal. Classic styling is also on my list of wants, I got the Sunburst, classic chrome, awesome head stock.

Full thickness, true strat body, this is my favorite and most comfortable body style for me. Even though the body is full thickness the mahogany in my particular guitar is not too heavy which was a godsend. Neck is just perfect for me not sure of the radius exactly or shape but I would think it was standard for G&L guitars of this series. Satin finish is what I prefer on my maple necks for quicker playing for me.

Setup, quality and finish all perfect. Price is awesome! If you are in the market for a strat you can not beat this PLUS this one unlike the Fender and Squiers qualifies for the 36 months same as cash promotion! Demo'd this one against strats that costs twice to three times as much and it was no contest, this one won by far.

Charles in Charlotte, NC

Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:25 pm

hey, congrats Charles, sounds like that legacy really hit the spot!
post a couple of pictures for us, and Merry Christmas!

Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:28 pm

Craig wrote:Here's the details from Dave McLaren:

Hi Craig,

Those are special Legacy models for Guitar Center so we won’t have them on our site. The bodies are flame maple veneer on mahogany,
the pickups are made in Indonesia to our specs (Alnico V magnets, right fiber, wire, turns). The neck is the same as other T/S Legacy models
with Clear Satin neck finish, the same DF vibrato, the same PTB system. We set them up here at G&L before shipping them to GC.

Thanks, Craig.

Dave

I see that G&L has now added this to their Tribute Series webpage: Legacy Flametop Guitar Center / Musician's Friend Exclusive.
It was posted on the G&L facebook page yesterday.

Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:23 am

drjho7 wrote:hey, congrats Charles, sounds like that legacy really hit the spot!
post a couple of pictures for us, and Merry Christmas!

Thank you and Merry Christmas! Will work on getting some pictures sometime.

Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:24 am

Craig wrote:
Craig wrote:Here's the details from Dave McLaren:

Hi Craig,

Thanks, Craig.

Dave

I see that G&L has now added this to their Tribute Series webpage: Legacy Flametop Guitar Center / Musician's Friend Exclusive.
It was posted on the G&L facebook page yesterday.

Thank you for this, I am now following them on facebook.

Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:14 am

I bought a sunburst one and expect it tomorrow. Looking forward to it and checking it out. I hope it is super cool and does not need upgrades other than locking tuners, etc.

Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:52 pm

Duffy wrote:I bought a sunburst one and expect it tomorrow. Looking forward to it and checking it out. I hope it is super cool and does not need upgrades other than locking tuners, etc.

Once you get it, please post photos and add it to our G&L Registry.

Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:57 am

Craig wrote:
Duffy wrote:I bought a sunburst one and expect it tomorrow. Looking forward to it and checking it out. I hope it is super cool and does not need upgrades other than locking tuners, etc.

I will. Plus my T asat.

Will aftermarket 10mm bore hole locking tuners fit this Legacy or are theybthe grommet type mount vintage ones with no tightening nut on top?

Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:43 am

Duffy wrote:
Craig wrote:

I will. Plus my T asat.

Will aftermarket 10mm bore hole locking tuners fit this Legacy or are theybthe grommet type mount vintage ones with no tightening nut on top?

See these posts: Locking tuners for G&L Tribute series? and Questtion: locking tuners for G&L Tribute S-500.

Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:30 pm

Hello, I'm new here. Just got my sunburst flame Tribute from MF. My first G&L. Wanted something with a non locking vibrato for playing Surf. (I tried a Jaguar first and....what a setup nightmare. Sold it.) Just played the Flame Top for 2 hours. For the [actual price deleted] price, it's very good. Here's my great/good/bad/ugly rundown. The Great= the whammy is awesome. Stays in tune very well out of the box, and feels great. The Good= the neck and fretwork is excellent for this price. Not 100% perfect but I've seen low end Gibsons that have far worse fretwork. Also the sunburst color is very cool. The Bad= the pickups gotta go. Not terrible, actually the 2,3,4 positions sound decent to me, but the bridge and neck positions are ...meh. The Ugly= the 2 piece "veneer" is poorly matched. And the back Trem cavity cover is not recessed so it does stick out. Luckily I don't care about either of these issues, but others might. I take the cover off anyway, and I kinda like the bad fotoflame type veneer. It reminds me that I only paid [actual price deleted]! Haha. Overall I'm stoked on the guitar.
Last edited by Craig on Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed actual prices as they are not allowed to be posted.

Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:32 am

OrangeSoda wrote:Hello, I'm new here. Just got my sunburst flame Tribute from MF. My first G&L. Wanted something with a non locking vibrato for playing Surf. (I tried a Jaguar first and....what a setup nightmare. Sold it.) Just played the Flame Top for 2 hours. For the [actual price deleted] price, it's very good. Here's my great/good/bad/ugly rundown. The Great= the whammy is awesome. Stays in tune very well out of the box, and feels great. The Good= the neck and fretwork is excellent for this price. Not 100% perfect but I've seen low end Gibsons that have far worse fretwork. Also the sunburst color is very cool. The Bad= the pickups gotta go. Not terrible, actually the 2,3,4 positions sound decent to me, but the bridge and neck positions are ...meh. The Ugly= the 2 piece "veneer" is poorly matched. And the back Trem cavity cover is not recessed so it does stick out. Luckily I don't care about either of these issues, but others might. I take the cover off anyway, and I kinda like the bad fotoflame type veneer. It reminds me that I only paid [actual price deleted]! Haha. Overall I'm stoked on the guitar.

Congrats! :thumbup:

We'd love to see a photo or two. And don't forget to add it to our G&L Registry, too. :searching: