G&L 25th Anniversary Model Limited Edition

Sun May 09, 2010 10:07 am

Hi- any idea on what these sold for new? , or what its worth used in EX cond? Im looking at a used one from a friend with George F's signature on the back? thank you!

Re: G&L 25th Anniversary Model Limited Edition

Sun May 09, 2010 11:40 am

Considering that Buffalo Bro's has the same guitar, and it sounds pretty rare with the G.F. signature on the back, I'd give it serious thought. Compare it to theirs, consider that it's apparently still in BB's inventory, and decide for yourself. Other than that, I don't know what to tell you. If it's legitimate, it's a great collectible G&L. It's a very difficult guitar to find a comparable. I don't know what they went for new. Here's the link to Buffalo Bro's offering.

http://www.buffalobrosguitars.com/gAndL.html

Re: G&L 25th Anniversary Model Limited Edition

Sun May 09, 2010 12:23 pm

As an addition to Mr. Roundel's comments, note that Buffalo Brothers has two (2) 25th Anniversary editions for sale. The first is from George's personal collection and has his signature on the back; the second is further down the page and costs a fraction of the price of the first. I echo his thoughts on having 2 signed guitars out there. The 40 guitars registered in the Registry don't contain a signed specimen.

For what it's worth, I bought my 25th Anniversary about a year ago on the Bay for a price below US$1K. I might just have been lucky there since I think BB's price is more than reasonable for that kind of tone monster.