New Green Screamer with Action-packed Graphics!

Thu May 06, 2010 7:45 am

Okie Dokie. Just received my complimentary BBE Green Screamer (thanks BBE and Craig!) and was happy to find it’s a good sounding pedal. Gotta give it to BBE, really well made pedals that actually sound like they should for a working man’s price. Pound for pound about the best bang for the buck without compromising quality for foot pedals. :thumbup:

Not to sound unappreciative of the fact this brand new pedal showed up on my doorstep for free but I’m not digging these new hip graphics. The original ones were no-nonsense, almost utilitarian looking - kind of like something you would have expected Leo to produce but these new ones are a bit over the top for scumbags like me who like our gear stripped down and boring.

Esthetically , it looks really out of place next to my other original BBE pedals on my board so if anyone on the forum has an older Screamer and would like to trade for a brand new one in the box please let me know. Thanks!

Re: New Green Screamer with Action-packed Graphics!

Thu May 06, 2010 8:48 am

I like it! :thumbup: Don't have a pedal to trade though.

Thu May 06, 2010 10:15 am

Well, I'll trade you straight across for that hard-tail Invader.......

Thu May 06, 2010 10:31 am

That ol' thing.....I wouldn't wanna take advantage of ya! :P

Thu May 06, 2010 11:26 am

I think the graphics are kinda campy...but you know I kinda like that.
It is a great sounding little pedal. Functions really well on my board as a clean boost in addition to a nice crunch pedal.

Thu May 06, 2010 12:55 pm

I'm actually using the BBE Boosta Grande for a clean boost 'cause my DC-5 doesn't have one. Gonna mess with the Screamer more this afternoon at stage volume and see what it can do.