Asat Classic S with belly cut

Sun May 02, 2010 12:06 pm

I hope someone here got this little gem. It looks like it would be one heck of a guitar for someone. I figured it would go, and it did, for the BIN price. Congrat's to the buyer of it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190393581079&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Re: Asat Classic S with belly cut

Sun May 02, 2010 9:25 pm

I use to think the S was a special type guit. I seems theyre gettin more common every week. :sick:

Such it goes. She will always be special to me.

Craig

Sun May 02, 2010 10:08 pm

Do these commoners all have the belly-cut? I don't recall having seen one. I suspect it was a special order. Your cherry burster looks very sweet too.

Mon May 03, 2010 6:38 am

MrRoundel wrote:Do these commoners all have the belly-cut? I don't recall having seen one. I suspect it was a special order. Your cherry burster looks very sweet too.

No they don't. The initial 2004 run of 100 were semi-hollow with no f-hole and no contours, and push-pull volume to select the outer pickup combinations. As far as I know, the second run in 2007, also 100, are identical with the sole modification of having a tone push-pull instead of a volume.

The limited runs produced in 2008 and beyond are all solid bodies and introduced contours, front and/or back.

Mon May 03, 2010 8:13 am

Thanks for the information, youwhatsshakin. I didn't think I was imagining things. I mean the ratio of belly-cuts to non-belly-cuts must be thousands to one. I'm afraid to try one, as I might get too comfortable with it, and I'm sort of a comfort freak.

Mon May 03, 2010 12:00 pm

I briefly owned a Z-3 with the belly cut, it was nice. then I got my 25th Anniversary, with front and rear contours, this was even nicer. maybe its my technique, strap length and/or long freaky forearms but at this point, I won't get another Asat body style without both cuts.