G&L Mystery Endorsee?

Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:08 am

I'm planning on going to the Dallas Guitar show tomorrow and there will be some amazing performers at the show this weekend including The New Bohemians, Kings X, some friends of mine called "The Bright," Red Volkaert, George Lynch, Rick Derringer (don't ask him about Edgar WInter, he gets real pissy about it), Bugs Henderson (one of Texas' - scratch that - the world's finest players), Ruben V, George Lynch (a Dallas Show regular) and Ted Nugent -I'm not a fan.

One of the things that is repeated in the performance line up is "G&L on the clinicians' stage. The hit times are tomorrow between 6:30 and 7p and on Sunday at 3:50. I'm curious about who is coming to represent the brand?

I haven't heard if Will is scheduled to come. Ruben V is now according to his website signed with PRS.

So who is making the trek to Dallas?

Here's the link: http://www.guitarshow.com/index.php?opt ... Itemid=112

Anyone????

Brian

Re: G&L Mystery Endorsee?

Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:18 am

Correct that. Maybe I'm not going. It's $22.00 for a one day general admission ticket....

I don't think I like Jimmy Wallace enough to give him that much cash. All I really wanted was a set of back up strings for my new L2500 Tribute. They are now officially cheaper at the House of Satan.

Oh yeah. I forgot to mention Neal Schon will be there too.

Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:09 am

just-a-guy wrote:One of the things that is repeated in the performance line up is "G&L on the clinicians' stage. The hit times are tomorrow between 6:30 and 7p and on Sunday at 3:50. I'm curious about who is coming to represent the brand?

Haven't you heard yet......It's Yngwie Malmsteen, he's now a G&L endorsee.

:lolno: :happy0007: (yeah...right) :crazy:

Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:26 am

If Yngwie is there, I'm definitely not going!

Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:47 am

just-a-guy wrote:If Yngwie is there, I'm definitely not going!

I wouldn't blame you! :thumbup:

Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:52 am

It'd be worth my $22 to see Neal Schon, always been a big fan of his. But then I live in VA, so don't think I'll make it!

Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:31 am

In order to See him play you have to pay an extra $10 for the night time jam. The room they use is the sonic equivalent of sticking your head in an empty oil drum and screaming. A couple years ago your general admission ticket got you into the jam.

I like Neal Schon too.

This is the oldest guitar show in the world. It is huge but Arlington is still bigger and more fun. Even though Dallas has music going all the time, the atmosphere is kind of stifling.

Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:09 pm

just-a-guy wrote:...my new L2500 Tribute.

Hmm... :shock:

They are now officially cheaper at the House of Satan.

What kind of strings are you liking?

Ken...

Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:11 pm

shawn500 wrote:Yngwie

I've always wondered... How is that pronounced? Yingwee? Ingwee? Bill?

Ken...

Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:15 pm

Ken Baker wrote:
shawn500 wrote:Yngwie

I've always wondered... How is that pronounced? Yingwee? Ingwee? Bill?

Ken...

......lingerie,......fatter-n-me.....

that's enough out a me !

Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:53 pm

Hmm... :shock:

They are now officially cheaper at the House of Satan.

What kind of strings are you liking?

Ken...[/quote]

Sorry about that. Let me shoot one but it won't have any leaves. Is that OK?

I bought a set of DR's for $30 and I got to see some folks that I only get to visit during a guitar show and that was cool.

Here is a photo of the aforementioned Tribby L2500.

Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:04 pm

just-a-guy wrote:Sorry about that. Let me shoot one but it won't have any leaves. Is that OK?

Uh... Okay.

Here is a photo of the aforementioned Tribby L2500.

Very nice indeed. They really do a nice job on the Tributes.

BTW - Didn't know you played bass.

Ken...

Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:45 pm

If you ever heard me play there would be reasonable doubt that I play guitar too! :banana:

I really don't play bass. I just sort of find the root and third and do my damnedest to to stay on time and repeat a pattern that works. I want to learn bass and want to start with a 5 string because I realize it is a little more difficult but I think the experience is worth it. Besides, I know all I get out of it is an extra five notes but sometimes I like to rumble the floor a little bit.