Necks In The Online Store

Wed May 28, 2014 10:36 am

I have an M-2500 Tribute bass that is my current favorite. I saw the necks in the online store for $30 and couldn't believe it. My L2500 has a rosewood fretboard and I much prefer maple. I didn't even know that they were available in maple. I ordered one in maple and the shipping is 10 bucks. I prefer gloss necks so this baby will have a beautiful gloss finish and I may tint it to match the guitar. I can hardly wait for it to arrive. I will post pictures of it when it is finished. -- Darwin;

Re: Necks In The Online Store

Wed May 28, 2014 11:01 am

darwinohm wrote:I have an M-2500 Tribute bass that is my current favorite. I saw the necks in the online store for $30 and couldn't believe it. My L2500 has a rosewood fretboard and I much prefer maple. I didn't even know that they were available in maple. I ordered one in maple and the shipping is 10 bucks. I prefer gloss necks so this baby will have a beautiful gloss finish and I may tint it to match the guitar. I can hardly wait for it to arrive. I will post pictures of it when it is finished. -- Darwin;

Yes, I had posted this when I saw the new Necks category: Re: Updated G&L On-Line Store now up! (new category-Necks).

Looking forward to seeing your project neck when you get it done.

:ugeek:

Wed May 28, 2014 12:03 pm

I bought a bunch of them too. I bought 2 righties, one maple, one rosewood and also 2 lefties, same.

Waiting for them to come in....

Project guitars.

Just doing my research to see what has to be done, either to the neck or to the neck pocket to make them fit a fender style body, preferably with a tele pocket.

The heel is 1/16 inch wider and the neck is 1 fret longer, 22 vs 21 with an overhang. I have read the previous posts on this.

So, for the price, I'll play!

Alf

Wed May 28, 2014 1:45 pm

well, they just came in, here's the lefties

Sorry for the bad iPhone photo.

Neck Heel is 2 3/16 inches wide, interesting.....

Now to think about the right project for these.........let the fun begin

Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:17 am

My 5 string bass neck was here when I came home yesterday. I finally had time to really look at it this morning. I also checked the frets and truss rod. The grain of the wood is very nice, very flat sawn and finished very well. The frets are as cole to perfect as one would expect. The edges of the frets are dressed but not the tops obviously which is part of the initial setup. The truss rod adjusts perfectly and I adjusted it flat, used a fret rocker to check the frets and this is as good as one could expect. What a deal. When I have time I will finish it and post pictures at that time. This is an incredible deal and I may order an Asat neck. The ones that Alf pictured are very nice. I may order an Asat neck just to have a spare neck around. I do have a Fender that I could use it on if I could get it to fit. These are incredible deals in my opinion. I would be curious how they would measure out against and America G&L neck for heel and neck pocket dimensions. -- Darwin

Edit. There is a gold sticker on the back of the headstock saying "made in Indonesia. I peeled it off and removed the glue residue. I thought the neck looked satin finished and discovered when I used grease and wax remover to remove the glue, that it is finished. The wood did not absorb any of the solvent so basically if you install tuners and a nut, drill the holes to mount to the body, these babies are ready to go.

Edit. I just measured the heel on my American Asat Classic and the heel is 2 3/16 on that and that is what Alf measured the heel of the necks that he received. I think we may have something here.-- Darwin'

Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:34 am

I agree, the necks look great, 3 of them are terrific, one lefty with rosewood, has a bit of extra glue on it that needs to be scraped off but thats no big deal.

The frets are perfect, just need a polishing on top.

I measured the neck against a strat yesterday and the strat neck is 1/16th narrower at the heel and has the 22nd fret overhanging the body at the fretboard.

Shouldn't be a big deal to shave these for a fender body, I have a friend with a bandsaw...

Going to be fun!

Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:57 am

Looks like supplies are limited. Was about to order a righthanded maple neck no matter which headstock, none in stock at the moment :-(