BBE Products

Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:36 pm

I have an 882 I Sonic Maximizer that I have used on our vocals for 6 months. It does what it is supposed to do and it is the first BBE product that I have had other then the G&L guitars. I am very happy with it. I just received a Sonic Stomp Box. Now, I am not a pedal user but I am going to use this thing. First of all, it is built like a tank. Secondly, it looks like the finish is a porclean which should last forever unless you drop it from an airplane. I hooked it up last night though my Twin Reverb Custom 15. As I said before, I am not a pedal guy but this thing adds a whole new dimension to the tone. I tried it with a Legacy and it is sweet. Can you teach an old dog new tricks? I am starting to get worried! I am reviewing the brochure that came with it and the DI 400 is looking better by the minute for recording. Someone straighten me out before I develop a new habit. The Boosta Grande is also looking pretty attractive for doing lead work when you want to add a little kick. :shocked028: Someone save me! --- Darwin.

Re: BBE Products

Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:00 pm

No turnin' back now Darwin....pedals are fun!!!
I use a few pedals and just put a BBE Green Screamer on my board after another distortion pedal.
The Green Screamer is very transparent and will get gritty if you want but it functions really well as a clean boost.
I'm enjoying the heck out of it. It seems to make everything else on my board come to life.

Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:56 pm

I have been enjoying my BBE Mind Bender and Main Squeeze pedals. The Free Fuzz I'm not so sure about, but it might be that I get a bit of fuzziness with my Diabolical Gristle Tone Manipulator (Great overdrive pedal), so it's a bit redundant. While I haven't tried the Sonic Maximizer or Sonic Stomp, I have a friend, who's an excellent guitar player and gigging musician, who swears by the that Sonic Maximizer. I believe that he uses it mostly for vocals. And, he knows his stuff.
Enjoy.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:13 am

Sounds like you're about to hit the point of no return. I really enjoy my BBE pedals and I use them regularly. I also have a sonic stomp, and I have to say it does add something nice to the tone. I am also a big fan of the Mind Bender. I am sure there are more pedals in your future as well as mine.

Lates,

Connor

Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:33 pm

Boosta Grande does seem like a cool pedal, I like transparent boosts up front for preamp distortion much better than drive pedals.

I recently opted for a sonic stomp from my LR time, and it is a very interesting pedal. I have not tried it with my guitar rig, but I have with my bass. What I noticed on bass, was it tightened up the lows a bit. The big noticable difference in bass, is the tightened up low (or delayed or whatever the heck it does) is most pronounced in very fast runs (we're talking 16ths above and beyond 120). The low end is not lost on these fast runs, it is there, but more. I had some trouble recording my last tune (in progress, needs drum tweaks ((Midi)) and guitar still) due to the fast bass being thin (I corrected this with a delay 1 repeat 10ms later). I think hearing this, might alleviate this and allow fast bass lines to be gotten by the mic easier. Almost like the lows weren't getting to bloom in the fast run, highs were beating them out due to attack. The pedal seems to remove some of that. (I have it at 6 and 4ish, lo and process). The fact BBE gives you a battery AND an adaptor is top notch also. Not sure I will use it on guitar (doesn't need to be brighter and thats what some say it typically sounds) but I will definitely try it, and it has a home with my bass for sure. My bass strings are dead however (blarg), shame how I can deaden a set of bass strings in little more than a month, only practicing 2-3 times a week (for 1-2 hours, + a good 5 hour recording session).

Not hearing a hole lot of difference on guitar, maybe I'll try it another night but might get a bit brighter, all I can tell, not really sure.
Last edited by sirmyghin on Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:51 pm

I've been using the now discontinued 362 Sonic Maximizer with good, consistent results. It reminds me of the "old" Waves Processor(hardware & plug-in). It's ganged, so that pretty much says it all...

The stomp boxes are boutique-grade. Neutrik or Switchcraft signal jacks, no but very high quality. Covers most of the popular effects(maybe a G&L tape delay one day??? JK). The Wah, Mind Bender, Tremor and Two Timer are my favs...

Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:41 pm

Oh, the 362's web page http://www.bbesound.com/products/sonic-maximizers/362.htm

Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:12 pm

Hey Darwin,

Congrats on the Stomp. Got one for my LR duty awhile back and found it adds a nice twist to my Blues Deluxe. Probably the same with your twin. I think they are fantastic for Fender amps, did not found the spot with my Boogie. (maybe just too happy with the BD that I haven't spent enough time with the Boogie)

BBE pedals are great and each can add some spark to your sound. I own 7, green screamer, tremor, stomp, two-timer, orange squash, mind bender and a supa charger (does that count?). Had a crusher but sold to a friend, many distortion pedals so I could spare one.

They can be addictive, enjoy! :alright:

Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:10 am

sam wrote:Hey Darwin,

Congrats on the Stomp. Got one for my LR duty awhile back and found it adds a nice twist to my Blues Deluxe. Probably the same with your twin. I think they are fantastic for Fender amps, did not found the spot with my Boogie. (maybe just too happy with the BD that I haven't spent enough time with the Boogie)

BBE pedals are great and each can add some spark to your sound. I own 7, green screamer, tremor, stomp, two-timer, orange squash, mind bender and a supa charger (does that count?). Had a crusher but sold to a friend, many distortion pedals so I could spare one.

They can be addictive, enjoy! :alright:

Interesting, I liked what it did at 6 and 4 on my Fender BXR, I also have not found a spot where I can tell on my boogie... Maybe as Boogies are pretty hi-fi as it is?