Fallout Expander Switch Question

Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:19 pm

My Fallout is a April 2013 build. It does not have an expander switch to split the SD. Is this standard on the new builds or is it an option. The G&L website makes no mention of this. It may have already covered here but I have missed it. I removed the pickguard and the wires are there to split it so all I would need is to add the expander switch. I will also look for a Fallout wiring diagram. Thanks in advance. -- Darwin

Re: Fallout Expander Switch Question

Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:24 pm

Craig will correct me .... but I thought the coil split idea came from the LE 2 , so it would be the later Fallout's that have them

Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:43 pm

darwinohm wrote:My Fallout is a April 2013 build. It does not have an expander switch to split the SD. Is this standard on the new builds or is it an option. The G&L website makes no mention of this. It may have already covered here but I have missed it. I removed the pickguard and the wires are there to split it so all I would need is to add the expander switch. I will also look for a Fallout wiring diagram. Thanks in advance. -- Darwin

It should be there with a push/pull pot (either tone or volume). The G&L website has not been corrected to reflect this, yet.
See this news item on the G&L main website: http://www.glguitars.com/news/Vintage-Guitar-Fallout-Review.asp.
If it is missing I would contact the dealer to get it resolved under warranty.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:

Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:54 pm

I will look into that Craig. I thought that maybe this was phased in at a later production date than my build. Thanks for the info. -- Darwin

Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:03 pm

darwinohm wrote:I will look into that Craig. I thought that maybe this was phased in at a later production date than my build. Thanks for the info. -- Darwin

That may be the case, but I have not heard anything "official" about this from Dave or Paul.

Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:15 pm

Curious, if you order from a dealer out of your area can the closest authorized dealer do any required warranty work like you could have done with a car?

Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:27 pm

Craig wrote:
darwinohm wrote:I will look into that Craig. I thought that maybe this was phased in at a later production date than my build. Thanks for the info. -- Darwin

That may be the case, but I have not heard anything "official" about this from Dave or Paul.

Darwin,

What does the Custom Build Specifications Sheet say under Electronics/Controls?

Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:31 pm

Salmon wrote:Curious, if you order from a dealer out of your area can the closest authorized dealer do any required warranty work like you could have done with a car?

The G&L Support page says:

For warranty repairs in USA and Canada please contact the dealer where you purchased your G&L.

I suggest you ask the selling dealer your question. If you do, let us know what the dealer says about this.

Thanks.