g&l custom order process

Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:40 pm

i am planning to custom order a g&l guitar.

i would like to know what the experience has been like for those who have done it.

how does this work?

do you walk into a store and have a salesperson take your order like placing an order at burger king?

is there a form you fill out?

i really don't want to have to do everything in person or over the phone, neither are efficient for something precise like a custom guitar.

thanks in advance

Re: g&l custom order process

Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:12 pm

after calling a bunch times on the phone asking questions , delivery time and prices ect , I just drove down to the store , they wanted 20 percent down and I told him what I wanted , just like burger king , have it your way deal , and of course after a couple weeks on order while visiting the guitar builder I decided to change GOT neck to satan with matching head stock :) ...... he told me 16 weeks but my legacy came in at 9 weeks , my SC 2 took about 12 with out getting the reciept out to verify ..... totally happy , but I did get a used ASAT Classic to make the wait better

Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:22 pm

I send an email outlining exactly what I want and ask for their best price. Sit on it for a week or so you know for absolute sure that you want what you're asking for. Easy as that!

Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:46 pm

I went to a few stores, talked options and what it would cost, then went in and gave them my deposit. Very soon after I got a call saying your guitar is in. G&L is a very quick turn around, mine was 50 days, but was quoted at 90. Music Man Quoted me 4 months, took 8 (and still, didn't care, still fast enough), my Bongo 6 took 9 months and change. G&L is very quick.

Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:27 pm

Salmon wrote:i am planning to custom order a g&l guitar.

i would like to know what the experience has been like for those who have done it.

how does this work?

do you walk into a store and have a salesperson take your order like placing an order at burger king?

is there a form you fill out?

i really don't want to have to do everything in person or over the phone, neither are efficient for something precise like a custom guitar.

thanks in advance

Check this post out: Thread on TGP says G&L now exclusively special order. ?

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:

Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:29 pm

Fumble fingers wrote:I decided to change GOT neck to satan with matching head stock :)

Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:30 pm

the Devil made me do it ...lol :twisted: