G&L Custom Shop ASAT Classic Bluesboy in Black Widow Burst..

Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:23 pm

From a post on G&L's facebook page (4/20/2024):
G&L Custom Shop ASAT Classic Bluesboy in Black Widow Burst over spalted alder on okoume, 1-ply black guard,
paired humbucking ASAT Classic MFD pickups in the neck position with coil control by 3-way mini toggle for series/single/parallel,
3A flame maple neck with rosewood fingerboard, stainless steel frets, model logo delete and clear satin finish.
Built for G&L Premier Dealer Brickhouse Music in River Falls, Wisconsin.

Re: G&L Custom Shop ASAT Classic Bluesboy in Black Widow Bur

Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:14 pm

Paired MFDs in the neck position? Is that something new?
Nice looking guitar

Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:32 am

mutts wrote:Paired MFDs in the neck position? Is that something new?
Nice looking guitar

Being that it is a Custom Shop build, the Paired MFDs in the neck position are custom for this guitar.
It is the first time I have seen one like this.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:33 pm

Wasn't that how the Doheny V12 pickups were developed?

Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:11 am

I am ..intrigued by the paired MFDs configured as a humbucker. I think I would really like that.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:12 pm

Really stunning!

Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:49 am

y2kc wrote:Really stunning!

:thumbup:

I wish the site had a dedicated thumbs up button, I'd wanted to mash it a few times when I read this.

Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:24 am

Craig wrote:Being that it is a Custom Shop build, the Paired MFDs in the neck position are custom for this guitar.

Craig,

The idea of combining 2 MFDs not a bucker goes all the way back to the Leo days. He used the idea on what allegedly is the last guitar he was involved in: this Superhawk prototype.

- Jos

Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:37 pm

yowhatsshakin wrote:
Craig wrote:Being that it is a Custom Shop build, the Paired MFDs in the neck position are custom for this guitar.

Craig,

The idea of combining 2 MFDs not a bucker goes all the way back to the Leo days. He used the idea on what allegedly is the last guitar he was involved in: this Superhawk prototype.

- Jos

Hi Jos,

Yes, I saw that the S-500/Shyhawk pickups were use that way, but this is the first time I have seen AC bridge pickups configured that way.
I would love to hear them that way. I wonder if Tim thought about using them configured as a humbucker for the Bluesboy.