ASAT cavalier custom shop-it's finally happening!

Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:14 pm

Hello, again, everyone.
It's been a while since the final phase of my vision FIFTEEN years in the making was ready. Today, I pulled the trigger and placed the order.

The backstory to this journey is too long and storied to recap here, but there are a couple of threads in the community for those who want to know more.

Suffice it to say, I placed my order for an ASAT HH RMC with custom-made Cavalier pickups. They aren't normal Cavalier pickups. they were re-engineered from the ground up, and I got the covers 3d scanned and printed in white.

Here is a cleaner imagining of the image than i've shared before, which shows more accurate measurements, some pickup routes, some minor shading for depth. Still rough, but definitely better than before.

I made custom decals that match the old CLF model logos exactly. I wanted this to look like it could have been a production model in an alternate reality early 1980s. I give you, the ASAT HG-2R!

Hopefully it won't be too long a wait, but at this point, when it comes to wait times, in for a penny, in for a pound lol.

BTW, am I crazy, or is this a REALLY cool design? Like, who else would be all over this if it were a production model? i wonder if I'm the only one who sees what I see.

Re: ASAT cavalier custom shop-it's finally happening!

Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:24 pm

That is some GREAT news my friend! :banana: :happy0065:

I’ve been with you all the way on this journey and do believe you have a winner with this design. Looking forward to seeing the final product, full specs and your thoughts on tone. Love the color and all the bling as well.

Congratulations on completing yer long strange trip!

Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:03 pm

Hah. Thank you sir. But don't count me out yet. We still have to make sure g&l doesn't royally mess it up. As much as I love g&l, I've been unlucky with many factory defects that had to be remade/rebuilt. I implored them in the design document to follow it carefully as politely as I could, but I'm now bracing for impact as I open the case and see the wrong headstock or something lol. I'll need good juju from the community that it will be smooth sailing from here on out lol

Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:00 pm

Finally indeed! And now the wait starts ...

- Jos

Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:22 am

Congratulations. It is really nice and I hope the guitar is everything you wanted it to be and as fulfilling as your journey to get it has been.

Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:32 am

It really is a great design and very cool to see you follow through to what will soon be completion. Looking forward to seeing the guitar once it is finished!
:thumbup:

Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:29 pm

Fun fact about this project. My name is Blake for those who don't know. I jokingly called this "project:blakescalibur" and my g&l dealer begged me to make a waterside decal and officially call this guitar "Blakescalibur." Lol

Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:39 am

:happy0007:

Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:05 pm

In the words of the Kinks “Give the People What They Want” :evilgrin:

Can’t wait to see the new waterslide

Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:33 pm

Lol I didn't make a new one. It's still called asat hg-2r. I have a picture of the wateslides though if you want to see

Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:41 pm

Mini update:
The order was placed a few weeks ago, so it'll be a while yet. However I did choose a color which is an automotive color on some audi models. It's called Turbo Blue! Anyone seen those irl?

Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:45 am

I've seen an Audi in this color on the road. Very cool!