G&L Custom Shop ASAT Classic Custom in Clear Orange ...

Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:16 pm

Here’s a G&L Custom Shop ASAT Classic in Clear Orange nitrocellulose lacquer over swamp ash, wood binding, tortoise guard, rear contour, maple neck with Light Tint Satin nitrocellulose lacquer finish. #CS2004009 is headed to G&L Premier Dealer Martin Music in Memphis, Tennessee.

I wonder if the neck MFD Jumbo pickup is the same one used in the ASAT Classic Custom (2002 - 2012)?
Reference post: List of Regular Production ASAT-style guitars (USA).
Last edited by Craig on Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Comfirmed with factory that the model is CS ASAT Classic Custom

Re: G&L Custom Shop ASAT Classic with Nitro Clear Orange ...

Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:27 pm

Well, that is most definitely a (post-2002) ASAT Classic Custom with that Jumbo MFD in the neck. I hoe they put the proper model name on the spec sheet.

- Jos

Re: G&L Custom Shop ASAT Classic with Nitro Clear Orange ...

Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:36 pm

yowhatsshakin wrote:Well, that is most definitely a (post-2002) ASAT Classic Custom with that Jumbo MFD in the neck. I hoe they put the proper model name on the spec sheet.

- Jos

I would say it's a 50/50 chance that it is. I checked Martin Music's website and it is not yet up on their site,
so we will have to wait and see.

:searching:

Re: G&L Custom Shop ASAT Classic Custom ..

Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:56 am

Craig wrote:
yowhatsshakin wrote:Well, that is most definitely a (post-2002) ASAT Classic Custom with that Jumbo MFD in the neck. I hoe they put the proper model name on the spec sheet.

- Jos

I would say it's a 50/50 chance that it is. I checked Martin Music's website and it is not yet up on their site,
so we will have to wait and see.

:searching:

I emailed Memo and he confirmed that it is an ASAT Classic Custom neck pickup, so the model name officially is:
Custom Shop ASAT Classic Custom.