G&L Custom Shop SB-1

Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:34 am

Recently posted on G&L's facebook page:

Here’s a G&L Custom Shop SB-1 with a Roasted Ash body, tortoise guard, quartersawn AAA flame Roasted Maple neck.
CS2004010 is headed to G&L Premier Dealer UpFront Guitars in Franklin, Massachusetts.

Re: G&L Custom Shop SB-1

Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:19 pm

woah!!

that looks great!

:banana:

Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:46 pm

I wish somebody would tell me what they CALL that style of finish that's so thin you can feel the grain. Every company seems to have a different name for it.

Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:03 pm

neutralomen wrote:I wish somebody would tell me what they CALL that style of finish that's so thin you can feel the grain. Every company seems to have a different name for it.

Per the G&L Custom Shop U.S. Dealer Price List dated January 16, 2020:

CUSTOM SHOP COMMON SPECIFICATIONS AND FEATURES
Thin Skin Urethane finish for both body and neck

All Models: Urethane offers the durability of a Poly finish with the sonic benefit of a thin lacquer finish
offering the player a balanced tone foundation.

The finish on this bass is Natural Satin Thin Urethane. The past Nearly Naked finishes used in some of the Custom Creations Collections and Special Builds
also use a very thin satin urethane finish that let the grain come through.

Hope this helps.

Fri May 05, 2023 4:41 pm

I recently found this bass listed on UpFront Guitars website and they list the color finish as "Metallic Seafoam Grain Fill".
The G&L Build Specifications sheet lists it as "Green Grain Fill".
I have named this finish as "Metallic Seafoam Grain Fill Satin Thin Urethane (Custom Shop) [aka Green Grain Fill]" in the G&L Registry menu list of finishes.