Custom Shop Build Suggestions

Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:10 pm

I'm building a CS Bluesboy. It will be my first G&L. I wanted to see if anyone had advice or tips from their CS build experiences?

Thanks

Re: Custom Shop Build Suggestions

Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:30 pm

Guitars5000 wrote:I'm building a CS Bluesboy. It will be my first G&L. I wanted to see if anyone had advice or tips from their CS build experiences?

Thanks

In case you have not seen this, check it out: Jan. 1, 2019-present Custom Shop Specifications & Options.

Hope this helps.

Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:02 pm

Craig wrote:
Guitars5000 wrote:I'm building a CS Bluesboy. It will be my first G&L. I wanted to see if anyone had advice or tips from their CS build experiences?

Thanks

In case you have not seen this, check it out: Jan. 1, 2019-present Custom Shop Specifications & Options.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Craig. I asked for a lightweight roasted ash body, 3a roasted maple v neck, 7.5 radius, vintage frets, handwound 52 bridge, seth lover neck, and a custom nitro color.

Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:54 pm

I bought both my new USA G&L's before the custom shop opened - but both were option order. I really like the roasted maple neck on my LE-2, I think you made a great choice there. It seems to make the neck lighter, harder, and more durable. Plus I love the aesthetics of roasted maple. I personally like the arm and body contour, but I know many "purist" are apposed to such features on T-type body. But if you are open to it, I think it is a great option. Perhaps no pickguard option especially if you are going with a transparent finish?

Let's us know you final specs. Looking forward to seeing the finished product!

Cheers, Dan

Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:32 am

WitSok wrote:I bought both my new USA G&L's before the custom shop opened - but both were option order. I really like the roasted maple neck on my LE-2, I think you made a great choice there. It seems to make the neck lighter, harder, and more durable. Plus I love the aesthetics of roasted maple. I personally like the arm and body contour, but I know many "purist" are apposed to such features on T-type body. But if you are open to it, I think it is a great option. Perhaps no pickguard option especially if you are going with a transparent finish?

Let's us know you final specs. Looking forward to seeing the finished product!

Cheers, Dan

Thanks Dan. I'm going with a transparent bright white nitro. I'm guessing the roasted ash body will make the white a little darker. I was think about a tortoiseshell pickguard. I figured the transparent white, tortoiseshell, and dark roasted flame maple neck would look nice together. I hope so anyway. Other CSs I ordered from before usually say you can't return the guitar if you want a custom color.

I will post official specs when the order is complete.

Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:57 pm

Final Specs

G&L ASAT Classic Bluesboy model

Body
White Blonde Nitro
2 Piece Roasted Swamp Ash – ASH Light Weight
Tortoise pickguard – TOR

Neck
Roasted Maple with maple fingerboard
Quarter Sawn - QS Roasted
Flame Maple - F3A
7.5 Radius - R75
Vintage frets - VF
Vintage nitro tint gloss – NVGN
Soft V profile - SUNK
Model Delete – LD
Bone Nut

Electronics
Seth Lover SH-55 neck Humbucker
CLF52-ASTCL-B Bridge pickup
Hardware - Chrome

Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:33 pm

Looks like it will be a great guitar. FYI, I bought a blonde S-500 a long time ago. It came with a pearl white pickguard which looks really nice. Tortise will be great. I just offer this if you are looking for inputs.

Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:28 pm

tortoise on blonde is one of my favorites!