G&L Custom Shop HSS Legacy in Autumn Burst ...

Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:04 pm

Just finished this beautiful Legacy in Autumn Busrt. HSS set up makes it right for many applications.

Re: G&L Custom Shop HSS Legacy in Autumn Burst ...

Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:52 am

Nice!

Is "Autumn Burst" a new color option?

Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:54 am

lefty_major wrote:Nice!

Autumn Burst (Polyurethane) was a special color used for the ASAT Classic Alnico Launch Edition, ASAT Classic 'S' Alnico Launch Edition,
the GbL_LE2 Limited Edition and was used on some various prototype guitars. I have seen it used on some special order instruments as well.

I asked Dave Brown about this custom shop build with Autumn Burst:

Hey Craig,

Yes, this is a CS finish for now. I was told that Autumn Burst was a color that we did some time ago, so I may have to change the name of this specific color. The body wood is Roasted Ash and I had Malcolm, in paint, do something different for this wood that tends to be dark after roasting.

I plan on making other instruments in this color but since it is Roasted, it may have to stay in the CS for now.

Thanks,

dB

Since Thin Urethane is used for the default finishes on Custom Shop instruments, I am assuming this HSS Legacy has Autumn Burst Thin Urethane. I asked Dave if this is the case and am awaiting his answer.

Stay tuned.

Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:02 am

Craig wrote:
lefty_major wrote:Nice!

Autumn Burst (Polyurethane) was a special color used for the ASAT Classic Alnico Launch Edition, ASAT Classic 'S' Alnico Launch Edition,
the GbL_LE2 Limited Edition and was used on some various prototype guitars. I have seen it used on some special order instruments as well.

I asked Dave Brown about this custom shop build with Autumn Burst:

Hey Craig,

Yes, this is a CS finish for now. I was told that Autumn Burst was a color that we did some time ago, so I may have to change the name of this specific color. The body wood is Roasted Ash and I had Malcolm, in paint, do something different for this wood that tends to be dark after roasting.

I plan on making other instruments in this color but since it is Roasted, it may have to stay in the CS for now.

Thanks,

dB

Since Thin Urethane is used for the default finishes on Custom Shop instruments, I am assuming this HSS Legacy has Autumn Burst Thin Urethane. I asked Dave if this is the case and am awaiting his answer.

Stay tuned.

Just got confirmation from Dave that the this finish is a Thin Urethane finish.