Noob question about customization possibilities ASAT body

Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:00 am

hi guys,

first post here, thanks for having me on the board. Hope my question won't be totally crazy ;)
I'm into the ASAT special as I love the jumbo MFDs.
There's a swamp ash body with a finish I really like (from the competition) and want to know if the custom shop can do something similar? (see photos)
thanks in advance :)
Patrick

Re: Noob question about customization possibilities ASAT bod

Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:05 am

I would think they could do something similar. They offer flame maple tops, binding, roasted maple necks, white pearloid pickguards... They have done gold hardware in the past as well. Basically you need to work through a custom shop dealer to see if they would build your spec.
Cheers, Dan

Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:13 am

thanks a lot! any special dealer you would recommend that I could get in touch with who's pleasant to work with?

Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:46 am

See the custom shop page for a list of custom shop dealers. My understanding is you must use a custom shop dealer for a custom shop order.

http://glguitars.com/customshop/

There is a difference of made to order guitars and custom shop. I have two made to order guitars, but both were purchased before G&L opened their custom shop. Option Order allows you to pick from standard options which include some of the items you are looking at: Flame maple top, your choice of finish (though not nitro), choice of pickguard, binding, body contours, body woods, neck profile and nut width. I'm not sure if roasted maple is an Option Order selection. Gold hardware is not a option order choice. For option order, you can go through any G&L dealer that is will to place the PO. Both of mine were through Music Source, but I don't believe they are a G&L dealer anymore. Not sure how easy it is to get either option order or custom shop in Europe.

http://glguitars.com/made-in-fullerton-guitars/

Hope this helps.

Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:48 am

it does! thanks a lot Dan :)