G&L Custom Shop Invader in Green Burst Frost...

Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:31 pm

Posted today on G&L Custom Shop facebook page:

Here's something a bit different, Invader in Green Burst Frost with a 3A Flame Maple neck.

Re: G&L Custom Shop Invader in Green Burst Frost...

Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:05 pm

very nice, but I have to say, I think the bubbling/finishing artifacts under the floyd is a little disappointing.

The custom shop commands a super high price and I think those little tiny details, while permissible in regular production stuff, should be observed for custom shop orders IMO.

The Japanese-made ibanez guitars with floyds look pretty under the trem and they run in the high 2-mid 4K range.

Just my two cents.

Re: G&L Custom Shop Invader in Green Burst Frost...

Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:48 pm

neutralomen wrote:very nice, but I have to say, I think the bubbling/finishing artifacts under the floyd is a little disappointing.

The custom shop commands a super high price and I think those little tiny details, while permissible in regular production stuff, should be observed for custom shop orders IMO.

The Japanese-made ibanez guitars with floyds look pretty under the trem and they run in the high 2-mid 4K range.

Just my two cents.

I would agree. It's not to difficult to sand that down, mask it off and just paint it flat black. Hopefully not a continuing trend for the custom shop.

Tom