Legacy RMC in Purple Trans over Buckeye Burl

Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:35 pm

Just saw this one posted from the Custom Shop... A Legacy RMC in Purple Trans over Buckeye Burl !! Although I'm not a huge fan of traditional Strat style bodies, the color on this is absolutely freakin' AWESOME !! I'm a Rampage fan myself and I know Rampages are not made from Buckeye Burl over Okoume, but if the Custom Shop ever made a Rampage from Buckeye Burl the Purple Trans would be beautiful on it \m/

Last edited by Kenny821 on Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

Re: Legacy RMC in Purple Trans over Buckeye Burl

Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:14 am

ooooh..I hope we see that polished and buffed.

(My other favorite California company makes some stellar instruments with buckeyeburl.
Google "Alembic + Buckeye burl" if you want some nice eye candy.)

Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:41 am

Elwood wrote:ooooh..I hope we see that polished and buffed.

(My other favorite California company makes some stellar instruments with buckeyeburl.
Google "Alembic + Buckeye burl" if you want some nice eye candy.)

They still had one last light coat of color to go on it first... but it is gorgeous ! \m/

Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:02 am

Here's a "before" shot of the Legacy RMC in Buckeye Burl over Okoume

Last edited by Kenny821 on Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:23 am

Finally, Here are some pics of the finished paint on this beauty !! ... Enjoy \m/

Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:26 pm

Can't the Custom Shop make pretty much any guitar you want? Such as a Rampage or are they limited to certain models? Or, if you provided the body could they do the rest?

Tom

Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:38 pm

FZTNT wrote:Can't the Custom Shop make pretty much any guitar you want? Such as a Rampage or are they limited to certain models? Or, if you provided the body could they do the rest?

Tom

As far as I know the Custom Shop will build any model available to your specs whatever you wish...I have seen Jerry Cantrell Rampages done without Cantrell's signature on them, just the GnL logo... they pretty much build what you ask for , but that goes for GnL too. I think certain models come in certain colors and woods. The Jerry Cantrell Rampages are available in Ivory Black or Whiskey over Soft Maple body and Hard Rock Maple neck. I have a USA made Jerry Cantrell Rampage in Ivory. The best thing to do is check with your local GnL dealer. \m/

Here's a link for Custom Shop options:

http://glguitars.com/cs-guitar-options/

Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:25 pm

That purple is so killer! Glad they did it with RMC and no pickguard.

Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:02 pm

Toejam wrote:That purple is so killer! Glad they did it with RMC and no pickguard.

I agree \m/