G&L Custom Shop recently completed this Doheny in Shell Pink

Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:58 pm

Recently posted on G&L's facebook page:

The G&L Custom Shop just completed this Doheny in Shell Pink, and we think the tortoise pickguard really makes the Caribbean Rosewood fingerboard pop.
This Doheny is being delivered to Drum City-Guitarland in Wheat Ridge, Colorado.

Detail headstock shot of this Custom shop Doheny in Shell Pink with Tortoise Pickguard and Caribbean Rosewood fingerboard.

Closeup of main body area of this Custom shop Doheny in Shell Pink with Tortoise Pickguard and Caribbean Rosewood fingerboard.

Last edited by Craig on Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added two more photos showing detail shots of this Custom shop Doheny in Shell Pink with Tortoise Pickguard and Caribbean Rosewood fingerboard.

Re: G&L Custom Shop recently completed this Doheny in Shell

Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:11 pm

Craig,
Sweet looking baby, are these new to production. I haven't been keeping up with Forum as of late. I sort of like the Lp style fret markers.
Jim

Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:22 pm

GentlemanJim wrote:Craig,
Sweet looking baby, are these new to production. I haven't been keeping up with Forum as of late. I sort of like the Lp style fret markers.
Jim

The Dohany came out last year and the G&L Custom Shop started this year.
See: Photos of the new Doheny model ... and Some G&L photos from Jan 2018 NAMM.
Also see: Current G&L Specifications and Options.

Hope this helps.

Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:12 pm

Thanks man, those pictures are awesome. Some of the colors are to far out for me, but I'm not out there playing or buying much any more, that's for the new generation, I'll stick with the basic Leo style's of old.
Headed to Summer Namm in a short, maybe G&L might be there this year , did'nt see them in 2017.
I found also in your listing the book info from the Doc and Leo's wife, gonna order from Amazon.
Thanks again for the update
Jim

Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:22 pm

GentlemanJim wrote:Thanks man, those pictures are awesome. Some of the colors are to far out for me, but I'm not out there playing or buying much any more, that's for the new generation, I'll stick with the basic Leo style's of old.
Headed to Summer Namm in a short, maybe G&L might be there this year , did'nt see them in 2017.
I found also in your listing the book info from the Doc and Leo's wife, gonna order from Amazon.
Thanks again for the update
Jim

Yes, they will be at Summer NAMM this year, see: Summer NAMM show in Nashville June 28-30.

Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:20 am

Glad to know G&L wil be involved. I think I'll bring my 1989 Leo Fender Sig model that I bought from Dale H. to the show for a picture or two. Its still in mint condition. Only recorded with it on a few sessions when I lived in Nashville.

Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:11 pm

Can you please flag this post NSFW next time? That's some sexy guitarp0rn going on!!

Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:03 pm

Hi Everyone, I'm new here.

I'm wanting to order a Doheny. I was going to go USA model, but what advantages or other options would going Custom Shop give me. A big concern is that I want a guitar that is no heavier than 8lbs and I want a neck similar to an American Standard with a 1.685" nut (I think it is), and the 2 1/16" E to E bridge spacing, or a 1 11/16" nut like a Les Paul, and the Les Paul string spacing also works for me, and a neck that is around .86-.96 give or take, in other words a full neck shape, not slim.

I really like that shell pink, and I've seen that G&L offers a nice sonic blue also.

Anyway, I would be willing to pay more for a custom shop if I get what I want (I'd also want matching headstock, binding, and block inlays!).

I think the starting base price for the USA model is $1399, what is the starting base price for a Custom Shop guitar?

Thanks!

Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:28 pm

Gorgeous!

Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:02 am

O.K. now your just showing off! That is a beauty that makes me wish I had taken those "Surf" music lessons as a kid. Really nice.

y2kc

Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:10 pm

CarpathianWhips wrote:Hi Everyone, I'm new here.

I'm wanting to order a Doheny. I was going to go USA model, but what advantages or other options would going Custom Shop give me. A big concern is that I want a guitar that is no heavier than 8lbs and I want a neck similar to an American Standard with a 1.685" nut (I think it is), and the 2 1/16" E to E bridge spacing, or a 1 11/16" nut like a Les Paul, and the Les Paul string spacing also works for me, and a neck that is around .86-.96 give or take, in other words a full neck shape, not slim.

I really like that shell pink, and I've seen that G&L offers a nice sonic blue also.

Anyway, I would be willing to pay more for a custom shop if I get what I want (I'd also want matching headstock, binding, and block inlays!).

I think the starting base price for the USA model is $1399, what is the starting base price for a Custom Shop guitar?

Thanks!

Welcome to our site. :wave: Please check out the Welcome! Read This First post.

i suggest you check out the Specifications and Options sub-forum, starting with this post: Current G&L Specifications and Options.

Note that we are not allowed to discuss new instrument prices, so you will need to contact one of the Custom Shop G&L dealers on options and
pricing.

Hope this helps.

Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:36 pm

Craig wrote:
CarpathianWhips wrote:Hi Everyone, I'm new here.

Thanks!

Welcome to our site. :wave: Please check out the Welcome! Read This First post.

i suggest you check out the Specifications and Options sub-forum, starting with this post: Current G&L Specifications and Options.

Note that we are not allowed to discuss new instrument prices, so you will need to contact one of the Custom Shop G&L dealers on options and
pricing.

Hope this helps.

OK, I've read all of the knowledge based threads and answered my own questions, but!

I am still concerned about the string spacing. So the neck that comes on the USA and Custom Shop Doheny's has the 1 11/16th inch nut, but with string spacing of 1 5/8" which sounds a bit narrow to me, but this can be remedied by the bridge E to E spacing. So can you please tell me how wide is the spacing at the bridge, tremolo and non tremolo versions?
Thanks.

p.s. do you have an estimated time when you may offer different neck specs on the Doheny, as you do on the other models?

Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:36 am

CarpathianWhips wrote:
Craig wrote:
CarpathianWhips wrote:
OK, I've read all of the knowledge based threads and answered my own questions, but!

I am still concerned about the string spacing. So the neck that comes on the USA and Custom Shop Doheny's has the 1 11/16th inch nut, but with string spacing of 1 5/8" which sounds a bit narrow to me, but this can be remedied by the bridge E to E spacing. So can you please tell me how wide is the spacing at the bridge, tremolo and non tremolo versions?
Thanks.

p.s. do you have an estimated time when you may offer different neck specs on the Doheny, as you do on the other models?

I have a Doheny with DFV and the string spacing is approximately 2 1/8".

I have not heard any update on other neck options for the Doheny models. I will be checking after the Summer NAMM show.

Hope this helps.

Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:26 pm

Craig wrote:
CarpathianWhips wrote:
Craig wrote:
CarpathianWhips wrote:

Thanks.

I have a Doheny with DFV and the string spacing is approximately 2 1/8".

I have not heard any update on other neck options for the Doheny models. I will be checking after the Summer NAMM show.

Hope this helps.

It does thanks.