G&L Tribute Bass neck sell me/swap questions!

Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:36 pm

Hey G&L fans,

Just wondering if it's possible to swap a G&L L2000 neck to the awesome feeling SB-2 neck. Compatible or no? Anyone selling this neck or would like to trade for my L-2000? If you've seen one for sale, please post a link

Thanks

Jon

Re: G&L Tribute Bass neck sell me/swap questions!

Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:53 pm

slashroses wrote:Hey G&L fans,

Just wondering if it's possible to swap a G&L L2000 neck to the awesome feeling SB-2 neck. Compatible or no? Anyone selling this neck or would like to trade for my L-2000? If you've seen one for sale, please post a link

Thanks

Jon

They should be compatible, if they are both from the same country of origin. Please post a Want Ad in the GbL Marketplace as we don't allow posting Ads on the G&LDP.
See READ ME FIRST: guitarsbyleo.com History and G&LDP Guidelines.

:ugeek:

Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:47 pm

No, but sort of.

Tribute SB-2 should have a different number of bolts than the Tribute L-2000.

But the neck from a Tribute JB-2 should be the same profile as the SB-2, but shares the same number of bolts as the L-2000, and should fit fine.

I"ve seen the cheapest of JB-2 go for around $325 and frequently below $400 - some have tried to do the swap and sell the JB-2 w/the L-2000 neck and been less than successfull - to offset the cost.

Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:54 pm

sailri wrote:No, but sort of.

Tribute SB-2 should have a different number of bolts than the Tribute L-2000.

Oops, you are correct. The Tribute SB-2 is a 4-bolt attachment while the Tribute L-2000 is a 6-bolt attachment.

Thanks for pointing this out!

:ugeek: