Why the $200 price diff between these two ASAT bluesboys?

Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:06 pm

I've been enjoying my Tribby Comanche quite a bit and am now eyeing the ASATs... I'm having trouble sorting out the differences between them though.

The only differences I can see between these two ASATs at the URLs below is the finish ( sunburst vs. orange), and the neck pickup ( AS4250B vs. AS4255C ). Is that enough to justify the $200 difference or I am I missing something?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/G-L-Tribute-ASAT-Classic-Bluesboy-Semihollow-Electric-Guitar-110902450-/300722332498?pt=Guitar&hash=item460472a352#ht_1117wt_1348
http://www.ebay.com/itm/G-L-Tribute-Series-Asat-Classic-Bluesboy-NEW-Semi-Hollow-Clear-Orange-/120952743219?pt=Guitar&hash=item1c29586533#ht_669wt_1114

Thanks
Scott

Re: Why the $200 price diff between these two ASAT bluesboys

Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:48 am

I don't think we're supposed to talk about new guitar prices on the GbL, but if you go to some online dealer websites, like Guitar Adoptions, you'll be able to answer the question.

Here's a link you might find interesting: http://www.guitaradoptions.com/g-l-tribute-asat-classic-bluesboy-semi-hollow-3-tone-rosewood.html

Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:54 am

the difference is 2 different sellers. that's it. not a surprise on ebay. only prices at the same seller actually reflect the differences in the guitar.

Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:09 am

louis cyfer wrote:the difference is 2 different sellers. that's it. not a surprise on ebay. only prices at the same seller actually reflect the differences in the guitar.

+1.

Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:29 pm

KenC wrote:
louis cyfer wrote:the difference is 2 different sellers. that's it. not a surprise on ebay. only prices at the same seller actually reflect the differences in the guitar.

+1.

Actually, that is not the reason. It has to do with the build year of each instrument. Both eBay auctions list the G&L MAP price for each instrument.
The first one listed is for a 2011 instrument and the other is for a 2012 instrument. Yes, the 2012 instrument does have a lower MAP price. :thumbup:

Also, see this post: Tribute series receiving a price cut / nixing gig bag?

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:

Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:18 pm

Thanks much everyone. My apologies, I didn't know price was a taboo subject.

Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:34 pm

digitalox wrote:Thanks much everyone. My apologies, I didn't know price was a taboo subject.

only new prices to protect dealers. used prices are not an issue.

Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:14 pm

louis cyfer wrote:
digitalox wrote:Thanks much everyone. My apologies, I didn't know price was a taboo subject.

Just learned something else!
Thanks Louis :shocked028:

Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:28 pm

louis cyfer wrote:

Not quite. G&L requires that G&L dealers may not advertise below the Minimum Advertised Prices (MAP)
which are listed in the G&L Dealer Price Lists. We were asked not to allow any new G&L product prices
to be posted on the GbL and G&LDP.

Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:43 pm

Craig wrote:
louis cyfer wrote:

Not quite. G&L requires that G&L dealers may not advertise below the Minimum Advertised Prices (MAP)
which are listed in the G&L Dealer Price Lists. We were asked not to allow any new G&L product prices
to be posted on the GbL and G&LDP.

that's what i said. only the new prices are taboo, the used prices are ok to post.