Replacement bridge ASAT Tribute Classic

Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:05 am

Hi. Does anyone know if another decent bridge will fit this guitar without modifications?

I would prefer to replace the cheap aftermarket tele bridge that someone fitted to the guitar before I bought it (!!!xx##*^&!!), with a G&L original brass barrel saddle bridge from the G&L shop, but these are too expensive in my opinion. Plus Im in Australia, and G&L shipping to here is a fright.

I tried a Fender 3 fixing screw bridge I had with the not- barrel- type saddles, but its a no go due to where string and fitting holes are drilled.

Alternatively, anyone got a G&L USA bridge for this guitar for sale?

Re: Replacement bridge ASAT Tribute Classic

Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:36 am

callaham bridge should fit, i thin they make one for g&l fit. not cheap but incredible for sure.

Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:42 am

donnyb wrote: Plus Im in Australia, and G&L shipping to here is a fright.

If you decide to buy new, Craig mentions contacting G&L about international
orders.

see this thread -
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6281

Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:20 pm

Thanks Louis, I am looking into the Callaham vintage bridge. Thanks too Elwood, I had looked into buying from the G&L shop and an Oz dealer, and it is probably the way i will end up going. But still would like to see what else is out there, as I am not driven to get this guitar back to original, as I use it for just a few songs in my band's set list. Anyone got a G&L ASAT bridge used?

Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:34 pm

I just found this : Fishman VT POWERBRIDGE PICKUP. Anyone know were you can get this bridge, minus the built in pickup? It looks well made, and I think it would fit.

Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:49 pm

I've been looking at these, no real world experience yet...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Texas-Customs-S ... 533wt_1272

(and keep an eye on this sellers auctions, he regularly parts out tribbies
http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_nkw=G%2 ... n=rt1sales )

Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:13 pm

Thanks Elwood. And thanks for that ebay store link. On a related matter, anyone know for sure what size the string ferrules are in this guitar? ie ASAT Tribute Classic 2003-2004 build (Korean). I may replace these, and wondering, do you lever them out from the back of the guitar, or use a very small diameter drift to knock them out from the front face of the body?

Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:22 pm

donnyb wrote:Thanks Elwood. And thanks for that ebay store link. On a related matter, anyone know for sure what size the string ferrules are in this guitar? ie ASAT Tribute Classic 2003-2004 build (Korean). I may replace these, and wondering, do you lever them out from the back of the guitar, or use a very small diameter drift to knock them out from the front face of the body?

it should have a block, not individual ferrules.

Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:13 am

Yikes Louis !! So someone has switched the block as well! What a sting. Now where am I going to get one of those? This is (supposedly) a 2004 model made in Korea, so no offense here...but are you sure?

Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:22 am

Louis, In panic, I went on the web and tried to find a photo of the back of this model I have. Have a look at Neils Music Store on ebay - the item # is : 200380395428. This one has ferrules. ??

Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:05 pm

donnyb wrote:Louis, In panic, I went on the web and tried to find a photo of the back of this model I have. Have a look at Neils Music Store on ebay - the item # is : 200380395428. This one has ferrules. ??

that goes against the idea that the tributes use u.s. hardware. callaham sells very nice string ferrules as well.

Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:07 pm

louis cyfer wrote:
donnyb wrote:Thanks Elwood. And thanks for that ebay store link. On a related matter, anyone know for sure what size the string ferrules are in this guitar? ie ASAT Tribute Classic 2003-2004 build (Korean). I may replace these, and wondering, do you lever them out from the back of the guitar, or use a very small diameter drift to knock them out from the front face of the body?

it should have a block, not individual ferrules.

Not on the Tribute Series ASAT Classic models, they are individual ferrules.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:

Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:15 pm

louis cyfer wrote:
donnyb wrote:Louis, In panic, I went on the web and tried to find a photo of the back of this model I have. Have a look at Neils Music Store on ebay - the item # is : 200380395428. This one has ferrules. ??

that goes against the idea that the tributes use u.s. hardware.

Not true, see What is the new Tribute series which G&L announced in 2003?

Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:54 am

Craig wrote:
louis cyfer wrote:

that goes against the idea that the tributes use u.s. hardware.

Not true, see What is the new Tribute series which G&L announced in 2003?

in that post it is describing the same hardware (same factory) as on the us g&l's. i didn't mean us made hardware, rather same as the us models. on the classic it is pretty specific about that, other than the tribute stamp on the bridge. there is no mention of ferrules in that post.

Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:28 am

donnyb wrote:Hi. Does anyone know if another decent bridge will fit this guitar without modifications?

I would prefer to replace the cheap aftermarket tele bridge that someone fitted to the guitar before I bought it (!!!xx##*^&!!), with a G&L original brass barrel saddle bridge from the G&L shop, but these are too expensive in my opinion. Plus Im in Australia, and G&L shipping to here is a fright.

I tried a Fender 3 fixing screw bridge I had with the not- barrel- type saddles, but its a no go due to where string and fitting holes are drilled.

Alternatively, anyone got a G&L USA bridge for this guitar for sale?

Just seen one pop up on EBAY!, check it out.

Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:16 pm

Thanks Huck, I have been away and only back on-line now. Will have a look now on ebay. Don

Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:15 am

donnyb wrote:Thanks Huck, I have been away and only back on-line now. Will have a look now on ebay. Don

Your Welcome!, I'd seen where someone was parting out a couple tribs on there! :shh:

Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:45 am

Missed it by a dollar Huck. I will keep an eye on that site, thanks.

Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:15 am

donnyb wrote:Missed it by a dollar Huck. I will keep an eye on that site, thanks.

Man, that's gotta hurt!, I hate when that happens!!

Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:58 pm

Huck et al, Ive now fitted a Gotah 6 x saddle from Warmoth and happy with result. Still, I will keep looking for an original G&L bridge, as if I sell the guitar down the track, Id like to get it close as possible to an original G&L Tribute. I also fitted a set of as new original PUs (MFDs). Wow, do they have some grunt. Tele on steroids. I can see why these PUs have such a good reputation, but, its certainly different to a Tele country twang. Still, I think it will suit a couple of Eagles covers we do, the "How Long" solo and line ends for one.

Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:49 am

donnyb wrote:Huck et al, Ive now fitted a Gotah 6 x saddle from Warmoth and happy with result. Still, I will keep looking for an original G&L bridge, as if I sell the guitar down the track, Id like to get it close as possible to an original G&L Tribute. I also fitted a set of as new original PUs (MFDs). Wow, do they have some grunt. Tele on steroids. I can see why these PUs have such a good reputation, but, its certainly different to a Tele country twang. Still, I think it will suit a couple of Eagles covers we do, the "How Long" solo and line ends for one.

Love the eagles too! my favorite band and what I like to pick around on, so my asat special works great for their stuff, plus
I have a Takemine Glenn Frey model so you know I'm ate up with it!..haha.
Anyway glad you got it together to enjoy!!!

Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:38 am

Thumbs up for the Eagles ! They dont overstate their abilities, and its never about "me" over the Band, at least, when they perform (nobody'perfect hey?). I love doing the How Long solos and bits..... but man, they do it at a fast tempo soooo well. Fast is one thing, execution perfectly is another!

Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:11 am

donnyb wrote:Thumbs up for the Eagles ! They dont overstate their abilities, and its never about "me" over the Band, at least, when they perform (nobody'perfect hey?). I love doing the How Long solos and bits..... but man, they do it at a fast tempo soooo well. Fast is one thing, execution perfectly is another!

Yea'' back in the old day's when they had Berney on the Banjo they did some really fast songs! I believe it was on Desparado/
duelin Dalton?..really really good stuff!!, quick note, I had a 65 mustang with factory 8 track player and one tape, DESPARADO! :alright:

Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:17 am

donnyb wrote:Thumbs up for the Eagles ! They dont overstate their abilities, and its never about "me" over the Band, at least, when they perform (nobody'perfect hey?). I love doing the How Long solos and bits..... but man, they do it at a fast tempo soooo well. Fast is one thing, execution perfectly is another!

i never liked the eagles much, but when i saw them live back in the hell frozen over tour, they sounded great. the best live sound i have ever heard from anyone. i was working for them, that's why i had to be at the show, wouldn't have chosen to go on my own. but it was worth it.

Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:18 am

Louis, Wow. Can you divulge what you were doing with their tour?