Tribute ASAT Classic for Fender 72 Thinline RI trade??

Thu May 03, 2012 11:52 am

Hi guys, I have my 72 thinline RI Mexican Fender up for sale/trade and have been offered a NEW ASAT classic TRIBUTE in exchange.... any thoughts. I already have an ASAT mid 80's model with the MFD pups which I love. Always had a hankering for the more trad tele "twang" (for want of a better expression) tones as an option but the 72 RI doesn't go there... wil the Classic get me there or near? Is it a good swap do you think? Very few options up here to go try a G&L so I cant get a chance to reallytry one in a store and you dont have that much time in this situation!!
Any opinions appreciated :D
cheers
john

Re: Tribute ASAT Classic for Fender 72 Thinline RI trade??

Fri May 04, 2012 1:19 am

i will take a tribute asat over an mim tele any day.

Fri May 04, 2012 5:54 am

:happy0065: glad you said that. cos I just did. I'm now officially a G+L collector with 2 ASAT's :P

Fri May 04, 2012 6:06 am

and here it is, haven't even got the plastic off the pg yet!!

john

Fri May 04, 2012 6:18 am

a beauty for sure, congrats.

Fri May 04, 2012 10:37 am

a beauty. how great would this one be without a pick guard. i love the natural finish ash without a pg. or get a wood pickguard, that would be my second choice.

Fri May 04, 2012 11:22 am

actually I was thinking white pg? always liked the look of Robbie Robertsons tele.......... where do you guys buy replacement pg's?
http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/28-telecaster-legends-part-2-226206/5

Fri May 04, 2012 11:56 am

That is a beaut. I would leave it as is. That tortoiseshell guard looks great with that natural finish. :-)

Fri May 04, 2012 2:45 pm

oneeyedog wrote:actually I was thinking white pg? always liked the look of Robbie Robertsons tele.......... where do you guys buy replacement pg's?
http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/28-telecaster-legends-part-2-226206/5

i like white too. the g&l website tells you where they source the pickguards, you can go to the same place.