only Tributes?

Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:59 pm

Looking through the new popular music cat. I wanted to look at some g+ls and found only tribute models.
I was confused as to weather or not u.s.a. models are only avail. through g+l? oh that cat was M.F. :silent:

Re: only Tributes?

Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:18 pm

timewave wrote:Looking through the new popular music cat. I wanted to look at some g+ls and found only tribute models.
I was confused as to weather or not u.s.a. models are only avail. through g+l? oh that cat was M.F. :silent:

They sell both USA models and Tributes. See their online site and search on "G&L".

New G&L instruments are sold through authorized G&L dealers. See the G&L main website and you will find links for the US dealers and international distributors.

Also, please do add your location to your profile.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:

Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:43 pm

I received a Musicians Friend catalog a couple of weeks ago and I noticed that they very probably misidentified some US-made G&L as Tributes. I am quite certain of the mistake by looking at what the catalog listed as list price and the MF price.

I then checked the MF website and the information was correct online.

Kit

Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:00 pm

Yah, they have a "Tribute Comanche" for $2250 and a "Tribute Legacy" with tinted maple neck for $1275. Both clearly US-model G&L's. For the most part, it seems Musician's Friend doesn't quite know how to best promote/market G&L. Of all the guitar brands in the catalog, G&L is the only one that has a lame-ass intro blurb: "An affordable axe with modern electronics, great looks, and super playability." It's no wonder that peeps still keep buying Fender just for the name, and think of G&L as a copy guitar.

Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:00 am

Yeah,I guess that would make my U.S.A. comanche worth 4450.00.LOL :lol: