Setting Up Tribute Rampage problems

Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:33 pm

I just got a tribute rampage (Which I absolutely love) and I changed out the strings to heavier gauges which are 12-16-24p-32-44-56.(My band plays in C# so i like a heavier gauge) and was having tuning issues and after some research i discovered i needed the heavier springs for the tremelo and also the wider string hooks. After I put them on and I'm still having the same problem it just doesn't happen as fast. Ive always had hard tails so this is all new to me here is what happens, when I change the strings I first tune the guitar to my preferred tuning (C#-G#-C#-F#-A#-D#) using the regular tuners then I lock the locking nut down and use the tremelo to stretch the strings and get them to settle and then bring them back to the correct tuning using the fine tuning knobs and after playing the guitar for a couple minutes (without even using the tremelo) each string ends up going flat so I bring it back up using the fine tuning (from what i understand this is called Chasing) and after awhile the bridge will be pulled up at a ridiculous angle. Can someone please offer some help!!!! Thanks!

Re: Setting Up Tribute Rampage problems

Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:42 pm

Headofahessian wrote:I just got a tribute rampage (Which I absolutely love) and I changed out the strings to heavier gauges which are 12-16-24p-32-44-56.(My band plays in C# so i like a heavier gauge) and was having tuning issues and after some research i discovered i needed the heavier springs for the tremelo and also the wider string hooks. After I put them on and I'm still having the same problem it just doesn't happen as fast. Ive always had hard tails so this is all new to me here is what happens, when I change the strings I first tune the guitar to my preferred tuning (C#-G#-C#-F#-A#-D#) using the regular tuners then I lock the locking nut down and use the tremelo to stretch the strings and get them to settle and then bring them back to the correct tuning using the fine tuning knobs and after playing the guitar for a couple minutes (without even using the tremelo) each string ends up going flat so I bring it back up using the fine tuning (from what i understand this is called Chasing) and after awhile the bridge will be pulled up at a ridiculous angle. Can someone please offer some help!!!! Thanks!

Try these posts in our G&L Knowledgebase:
To lock down the USA and Tribute Rampage Kahler Trems ... (It has links to Kahler's website and adjustment document).
G&L Rampage Jerry Cantrell Signature.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:

Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:53 pm

locking the tremelo just basically makes it a fixed bridge though doesn't it? I want to use the Tremelo feature!

Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:19 pm

Headofahessian wrote:locking the tremelo just basically makes it a fixed bridge though doesn't it? I want to use the Tremelo feature!

Yes, that's why I mentioned that the post has links to setup adjustment info besides locking down the trem.
Hopefully the other post have some more useful info for you.

:ugeek:

Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:28 am

Ah yes! So after investigating further my Kahler doesn't have anything in the whole marked "Spring tension adjustment" The threads are there but there is nothing in there!? The little bag that had the allen wrenches had two little screw in it that i thought maybe were for that but they are too small so it looks like my guitar didn't ship with the "Load Lever Adjustment screw" I just ordered one from wammi world hope fully this solves the problem.