Fiorano

Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:10 pm

Hey everyone,

I'm new here. I have read and read and read and of course searched all over the place.

I currently own a 79 Jap strat clone that I love, but it's in major need of restoration, though it does keep it's tune no matter what I do to it or how I treat it..... I also have an 89 Ibanez SDGR 1000E that I also love.

Now I'm looking at getting my 1st G&L. I'm really drawn to the Ascari but I find (to my ears) that the Fiorano sounds just a little bit better. 24 frets is a bit much for me, though my Ibanez has 24.... Maybe I'll figure it out. I also prefer the uncovered pups.

I found this demo on youtube dated 6 Jan 2012. It's a better recording than the one previously posted.

[youtube]7h_IFKVcUVk[/youtube]

Has anyone here bought the Ascari or the Fiorano? If so how do you like it? I may have missed it, but I couldn't find a post where someone actually got one.

JohnR

Re: Fiorano

Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:58 pm

I shopped these as well and decided on the ASAT Deluxe Carvetop. If you like the Fiorano, it is essentially a set neck, hard tail, carve top Invader. They don't currently make an Invader tribby model, so I'd say go for it! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:46 am

asat is much better imnsho

Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:34 am

Honestly... I on the fence. There are too many choices. Unfortunately there aren't any shops in my area that has G&L in stock. 2 that can order them but nothing I can test drive.

I may have to plan a road trip to Orlando...

Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:57 am

JohnR wrote:Honestly... I on the fence. There are too many choices. Unfortunately there aren't any shops in my area that has G&L in stock. 2 that can order them but nothing I can test drive.

I may have to plan a road trip to Orlando...

A road trip is always good! :cheers: