G&L Tribute L2000 bass question

Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:28 am

Hi everybody!! I REALLY want to buy an L2000 but i need to know something. Since these basses dont have a seperate battery box, do the screws in the back of the bass have threaded inserts? If not, will it be easy for them to strip the wood with repeated battery changes? I love G&L basses, but is this something i need to be concerned about? Thanks guys!!

Re: G&L Tribute L2000 bass question

Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:31 pm

no need to concern. if you ever strip the wood, just put a toothpick in there. good as new.

Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:04 pm

Thanks Louis!! I appreciate the info!!

Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:43 pm

yeah, I wouldn't worry about that.

you can also wick in carefully a bit of cyanoacrylate (super glue) which will harden up the threads in the wood and help resist wear when you take the screws in & out.

should be no problem either way.

I have an L2K Tribute (Korean) and it's a great bass.

Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:23 pm

fender68 wrote:Hi everybody!! I REALLY want to buy an L2000 but i need to know something. Since these basses dont have a seperate battery box, do the screws in the back of the bass have threaded inserts? If not, will it be easy for them to strip the wood with repeated battery changes? I love G&L basses, but is this something i need to be concerned about? Thanks guys!!

No, there are no threaded inserts so you'll need to take a little care when tightening the screws after a battery change. If one ever does strip out, you can swap it out for a #4 wood screw that is slightly longer (they are quite short from the factory).

Be sure to help your battery live by unplugging your cable when the bass isn't being used. The battery is connected to the circuit whenever a cable is plugged in, even in passive mode.

Ken...