Tribute Legacy ASAT???

Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:01 am

I'm in discussions to trade for a G&L, that the guy says is a "Tribute Legacy" but is tele-style. I'm guessing he has an ASAT body and someone put a Legacy neck on it. I haven't actually seen the guitar yet, nor a photo... so I'm a little skeptical, but I wanted to throw out the question: does a "Tribute Legacy ASAT" even exist? (I assumed "Legacy = strat-style")

Re: Tribute Legacy ASAT???

Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:58 am

myrios wrote:I'm in discussions to trade for a G&L, that the guy says is a "Tribute Legacy" but is tele-style. I'm guessing he has an ASAT body and someone put a Legacy neck on it. I haven't actually seen the guitar yet, nor a photo... so I'm a little skeptical, but I wanted to throw out the question: does a "Tribute Legacy ASAT" even exist? (I assumed "Legacy = strat-style")

No, not stock. It is likely what you are guessing that a Tribute Legacy or USA Legacy neck was put on
an ASAT body. Please post any photos that you get.

Hope this helps.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:49 pm

Craig wrote:
myrios wrote:I'm in discussions to trade for a G&L, that the guy says is a "Tribute Legacy" but is tele-style. I'm guessing he has an ASAT body and someone put a Legacy neck on it. I haven't actually seen the guitar yet, nor a photo... so I'm a little skeptical, but I wanted to throw out the question: does a "Tribute Legacy ASAT" even exist? (I assumed "Legacy = strat-style")

No, not stock. It is likely what you are guessing that a Tribute Legacy or USA Legacy neck was put on

Hope this helps.

Well, the seller wouldn't send me a photo... he basically said I was wrong, that the neck had not been swapped, but I know it couldn't be the case that there'd be an original, unmodified G&L with a Legacy neck on a tele-style (ASAT) body. I didn't want to waste my time going over there to check it out, it might have ended up being some cheap tele copy body/pickups (not even G&L) with the Legacy neck on it for all I know. I told him I wasn't interested in the guitar. Moving on....

Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:31 pm

myrios wrote:
Craig wrote:

Hope this helps.

Well, the seller wouldn't send me a photo... he basically said I was wrong, that the neck had not been swapped, but I know it couldn't be the case that there'd be an original, unmodified G&L with a Legacy neck on a tele-style (ASAT) body. I didn't want to waste my time going over there to check it out, it might have ended up being some cheap tele copy body/pickups (not even G&L) with the Legacy neck on it for all I know. I told him I wasn't interested in the guitar. Moving on....

Wise decision. :thumbup: