Replacement Poits for a 2003 ASAT Special Tribute[

Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:16 pm

I do not have the guitar here as I sold it. I am replacing the pots. I searched the data base and It appears that they are 250 k mini pots. Where can I source them and I am assuming the tone and volume are the same. Does Stewmac have them or who would you recommend and the part number would sure help. Thanks in advance-- Darwin

Re: Replacement Poits for a 2003 ASAT Special Tribute[

Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:18 pm

HI Darwin:

Won't these do?

http://www.glguitars.com/shopping/shopd ... ntiometers

Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:40 pm

Hi Darwin,

I replaced the mini pots in my Special with some from Mighty Mite. I can't remember the website sorry, but Google should help you. They've been smooth and trouble free the last 7 years.

Hope that helps.

Phil.

Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:33 pm

Alf and Philby, you are both right but the only answer I need is that the ASAT Special has dome knobs with set screws. These pots appear to be split shaft pots only. Will they work okay without the knobs wobbling. Maybe Craig can check in. I wish the guitar were here and I would solve it easily. Philby, were the pots in your Special 250 K? Thanks for the info. -- Darwin

Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:46 pm

Hi Darwin,

Yes, both pots were 250K. The volume knob was A-taper (audio) and the tone knob was B-taper (linear). The pots are split shaft but can accommodate the set screw dome knobs as long as you don't overtighten the set screw.

Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:06 pm

Thanks Philby, that is what I needed to know. I am now set.-- Darwin