Legacy Tribute Fretboard Radius

Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:57 pm

Hey guys,

I am a little confused about this. G&L's website says that all Legacy Tributes have 12" Radius boards. But most online dealers are showing the new Indonesian Legacy Tributes as having 9" radius. I've also seen it mentioned at this site, that G&L switched to 9" radius on newer Indonesian Legacy Tributes.

Then why does my new Legacy Tribute have a 12" radius board? I bought it from Adirondack Guitar. Legacy Tribute, blueburst over ash. Made in Indonesia. Serial number 100814161. I checked with radius gauges from stewmac. It's 12".

Re: Legacy Tribute Fretboard Radius

Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:11 pm

I think the old Korean Legacy's had 9" boards and the new Indonesian ones have 12" boards like the US models.

Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:24 pm

Rocktacular96 wrote:Hey guys,

I am a little confused about this. G&L's website says that all Legacy Tributes have 12" Radius boards. But most online dealers are showing the new Indonesian Legacy Tributes as having 9" radius. I've also seen it mentioned at this site, that G&L switched to 9" radius on newer Indonesian Legacy Tributes.

Then why does my new Legacy Tribute have a 12" radius board? I bought it from Adirondack Guitar. Legacy Tribute, blueburst over ash. Made in Indonesia. Serial number 100814161. I checked with radius gauges from stewmac. It's 12".

G&L recently changed the website to reflect the radius change from 9" to 12" on some of the Tribute models.
I asked Dave when this change went into effect but have not yet heard back from him. Being that yours has
a 12" radius and was built in August 2010, would indicate that it was not a recent change. :o

Hope this helps.

Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:47 pm

Ok. That would make sense. So,...from 12" to 9", then back to 12" on the Legacy Tribute. Ha. G&L loves to confuse and complicate things.
On a side note;
From my experiences playing both Korean and Indonesian Tributes, the Indonesians sure feel a hell of a lot nicer to me. Seem much better put together. My Legacy Tribute is hanging right there with my other two USA Legacies.

Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:17 pm

Rocktacular96 wrote:Ok. That would make sense. So,...from 12" to 9", then back to 12" on the Legacy Tribute. Ha. G&L loves to confuse and complicate things.
On a side note;
From my experiences playing both Korean and Indonesian Tributes, the Indonesians sure feel a hell of a lot nicer to me. Seem much better put together. My Legacy Tribute is hanging right there with my other two USA Legacies.

Just in case you have not seen this post in the Knowledgebase: Why the change in manufacturing location for the Tributes?

Hope this helps.