Question: Tribute pickguard

Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:45 pm

I have Tribute ASAT Classic. I love the neck and sound (after changing the wiring) but never warmed to the look. It's sunburst with a brown tortoiseshell pickguard. Recently, I've been toying with the idea of having it refinished in a antique white and adding a mint pickguard--a useless and extravagant expenditure yes, but I only paid $200 for the guitar. Now I'm thinking, I should just get a new pickguard. I think i could live with the sunburst finish if it had a white pickguard--but not bright white. I don't know if "cream" is to yellowish. Pickguard Heaven has white, "parchment," and "Cream" Any suggestions? Sorry for the ramble.

Re: Question: Tribute pickguard

Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:26 am

Jopapa wrote:I have Tribute ASAT Classic. I love the neck and sound (after changing the wiring) but never warmed to the look. It's sunburst with a brown tortoiseshell pickguard. Recently, I've been toying with the idea of having it refinished in a antique white and adding a mint pickguard--a useless and extravagant expenditure yes, but I only paid $200 for the guitar. Now I'm thinking, I should just get a new pickguard. I think i could live with the sunburst finish if it had a white pickguard--but not bright white. I don't know if "cream" is to yellowish. Pickguard Heaven has white, "parchment," and "Cream" Any suggestions? Sorry for the ramble.

I really like the look of a Cream pickguard on a Sunburst finish. Changing the pickguard can have a dramatic affect on the look.
It certainly is the less expensive way to go and is completely reversible.

I'd be interested in hearing about the wiring change you made. Would you care to share what change you made?