re: tribute legacy tremolo and bridge parts questions

Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:42 pm

Would purchasing Callaham parts such as a tremolo block and saddles improve the sound of a Tribute Legacy?
How does the U.S. Legacy tremolo block and saddles compare to the imported Tribute Legacy parts? Is the tone close, in your
opinion between the U.S. and Asian models, or is there a big difference in the tone?

Re: re: tribute legacy tremolo and bridge parts questions

Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:45 pm

I believe the saddles on the Tribute are diecast. Not sure about the inertia block but the one on my Tribute Legacy looks to be about the same size as the block on my U.S. S-500.

I know the U.S. trems have hardened posts.

It's a bit apples vs oranges for me to compare my S500 with my Korean Tribute Legacy, but I love them both "as-is" stock.

My Tribute Legacy certainly feels better in my hands more than most of the US Fender Strats I've had, and is a bit more "comfy" feeling than my S-500: mostly just as various guitars feel different.

On the bandstand I never notice how my S500 feels. It's the tool for the job. I notice my Tribute feels good when I play it at home casually, but I have never gigged it (yet).

Naturally they sound a bit different. And the trem works better on my S500, but I have not put much effort into the Tribute's trem. I rarely use trem anmyway.

Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:52 am

Thanks for your opinion on this. Doesn't sound like it is worth mucking with the Tribute.

My Tribute Legacy sounds as good as any Strat I have every played, so I love it, too.

I won't bother to get any "upgraded" parts for it. I am not 100% happy on the tremolo, but I have another guitar for dive bombing.

Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:05 am

Yeah I'm thinkin' it's probably a nuance thing. They look close, but materials may be different. Craig would know more than I. Certainly the trem springs are generic on the imports, which can be easier if you need to find more.
I'm not sure if Callaham parts would change the sound significantly. Adds bragging rights though.

I believe the pickups are the same on the same model no matter where made.