re: Tribute Legacy input jack

Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:11 am

What do you guys think of the Tribute Legacy's input jack? A friend of mine added a washer and that really helped keep it tight - it was way too lose and not easy to tighten without a washer.

Re: re: Tribute Legacy input jack

Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:43 am

broadcasterite wrote:What do you guys think of the Tribute Legacy's input jack? A friend of mine added a washer and that really helped keep it tight - it was way too lose and not easy to tighten without a washer.

Hmm, all my electric guitars have an output jack, not an input jack. :lol:

Can you elaborate exactly where your friend added the washer? Perhaps you could post a photo showing it.

Re: re: Tribute Legacy output jack washer

Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:01 pm

A socket wrench tightens the 1/4" jack. But, to really keep it tight, my buddy added a washer on the inside. He said it would be more effective to put the washer on the outside
of the whole jack, but, it would not look as good. I'll see if I can have him describe this better. I hate to take it apart - it would have been instructive for me to have taken some photos
while he was doing the repair.

Re: re: Tribute Legacy output jack washer

Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:30 pm

broadcasterite wrote:A socket wrench tightens the 1/4" jack. But, to really keep it tight, my buddy added a washer on the inside. He said it would be more effective to put the washer on the outside
of the whole jack, but, it would not look as good. I'll see if I can have him describe this better. I hate to take it apart - it would have been instructive for me to have taken some photos
while he was doing the repair.

Here's what the output jack looks like before installation:

I believe that there are two washers and one of those is a lock washer (black) which the nut should
tighten up to. Perhaps the lock washer was missing.

Hope this helps.