Tribute neck shape vs USA

Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:30 pm

I'm about to custom order a US G&L Legacy. I checked out a Tribute Legacy at a local shop and really liked the neck. Which neck carve is closest to the Tribute?

Re: Tribute neck shape vs USA

Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:23 pm

This was discussed a while back - about a month ago - and I believe the current Indonesian Tribute Legacy's are a 9" radius with 1-5/8" nut, whereas the US models are offered in a 7" or a 12" inch radius with various nut widths. Please feel free to correct me anybody.

I've got a Tribute ASAT Special with 9" radius and a US S-500 with 12" radius and I much prefer the 9" Tribby. The 12" is almost flat and it's too hard to play chords on. If you do both chord and lead work I'd go for the more vintage 7" radius with 1-5/8" nut (G&L #2 neck). For purely lead work you might prefer the 12" radius.

Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:18 pm

If only there was the option of a 10" radius on USA guitars...We can only dream....

Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:32 pm

If only there was the option of a 10" radius on USA guitars...We can only dream....

Great idea Blarg! :thumbup:

A 9" or 10" radius on the USA models would be a great option for those of us who need some versatility in a neck.

Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:13 am

Thanks for the replies. I read that thread - actually I love a 12" radius. I'm more interested in the differences between carves on the back of the neck. The Tribute felt a little more like a D shape to me, especially compared to a modern "C" on a Fender.