Tribute Legacy's bathtub routed?

Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:09 am

Does anyone know if the Tribute Legacy's are bathtub routed like the USA models?

About a year ago I picked up an import PRS SE for an inexpensive, hot-rodded guitar to have around. From a fit and finish perspective, the guitar is pretty decent, but I've not been all that enamored of the tone...very bassy and on the muddy side, even after a pickup swap. So I've been contemplating trading it in for a Tribute Legacy, but I would want to put in humbuckers. I could always go with SC-sized rails I guess, but it'd be nice to have the option to go with full size if I wanted.

Of course, the new Tribute Legacy HB would be an excellent option, but I just can't get excited about a satin finish on an electric guitar, nor am I that keen on the colors...those two things make it a deal breaker for me.

Re: Tribute Legacy's bathtub routed?

Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:04 pm

From what I've seen of the disassembled Tribute Legacy bodies on ebay, they are definitely bathtub routed.

Re: Tribute Legacy's bathtub routed?

Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:32 am

Thanks. Though the more I've thought about it here, the more I'm thinking I should just buy a used USA model...they really aren't that much more cost, and they're just such darned good instruments!!