New Tribute ASAT

Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:15 am

I know the USA models are king around here but the beauty of G&L is that their imports are fantastic instruments. I am not a great player and cant justify spending the money on a USA .................... well, I dont have the money either.......But I love G&L. I had a Tribute Legacy HB that I really should have held onto. That guitar had a lot going on including probably the best bridge humbucker I had heard. I may have to replace that some day.

Well, I have wanted an ASAT Special since I played one a few years ago. I think I strummed one power chord and thought, "what a monster". I couldnt afford it so I bought the Legacy. Well, a few years later I had sold or traded up a couple of times and was able to get one. Got it from Buffalo Brothers the other day and love it. I had owned and played a variety of guitars and kept coming back to this one. It turns out I really like the tone of these pickups and that they have such a responsive attack.

Pic

Re: New Tribute ASAT

Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:02 am

Congratulations on your new Asat purchase! They are great guitars with a nice big tone. I need to dig mine back out and play them.

Sprinter

Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:39 am

Congrats, looks like a very nice beast.

Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:16 pm

Great looking ASAT Special - Enjoy! 8-)

Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:39 pm

That's a classy looking Special. Congratulations. I love the Tribute range - they're unbeatable quality for the money. I have a 2004 MIK Tribute ASAT Special and it gets more play time than my more upmarket instruments.

Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:39 pm

You can't go wrong with that guitar, I've got a Tribute ASAT also and it 's just as good as any of my other guitars and a lot easier on the pocketbook

Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:21 pm

Thanks guys. I am loving it. Paired with my C30, it really fits my taste.

Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:33 pm

nice one!
I'm thinkin' about take a Tribute Semi-Hollow Classic, but the USA made choice is still keeping me up by night... :mrgreen:

Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:47 pm

Very tasty. I like 'em all, as far as I am concerned one can never have too many guitars. Shame my wife disagrees ;-)

Paul.

Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:43 pm

Great classy looking combo there!

Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:01 pm

Nice ASAT!

Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:40 pm

Just an update to let you know that Buffalo Brothers is fantastic. The guitar is great, the price was great and delivered quickly. The only problem was the gig bag it came with had a small hole in it. I let them know about it but wasnt that concerned because it was on the inside. It looked like one of the tuning pegs had poked the hole.

Tim at Buffalo Brothers insisted that I send it back for a new one. I told them it wasnt a big deal and they would have nothing of it. They sent a new one to me with a return shipping label. I popped the torn one in the box and sent it back to them. I thought it was great that they felt it was important that since I ordered a new bag, that it be new. Great guys. I will definitely do business with them again.

Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:43 am

that is rocking.

Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:02 pm

Wilfy wrote:Very tasty. I like 'em all, as far as I am concerned one can never have too many guitars. Shame my wife disagrees ;-)

Paul.

Love the neck on the guitar in your avatar - looks great! : 8-)

Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:12 pm

That Tim.... what a guy!