Which locking tuners for Comanche Tribute?

Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:25 am

Just picked one up, love it!

Anybody know of some locking tuning keys that will just drop right in and work good?

Re: Which locking tuners for Comanche Tribute?

Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:33 pm

I don't know about Comanche Tributes, but I had the same idea for my S-500 Tribute and could not find any locking tuner that would "just drop right in".
You can find more info about it here: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=327
Good luck !

Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:39 pm

Dig out the dowels, glue, and drill and have some fun with it is about the only way right now.

Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:57 am

I have the same issue with my 2003 Asat Special (Tribute). Nothing that I can find fits. I have several extra sets of American G&L tuners and sometime this winter the drill will come out and the problem will be solved. The tuners on my Tribute have plastic washers that are breaking. The temporary fix was to use the washers from some F tuners that I had laying around. I should install locking tuners but will use parts that I already have. BTW the Tribute that I have is a very nice guitar and the only thing that doesn't compare to the American G&Ls that I have is the fret work is not quite as level. They look fine and the ends are flush as they should be. I will level them at some point and the problem will be solved. This is most likely unique to this guitar only and not necessarily a general issue. Workmanship and paint is excellent. -- Darwin.